This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.Find sources: "30th century BC" – news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The 30th century BC was a century which lasted from the year 3000 BC to 2901 BC.
Stele bearing the name of Djet
- Before 3000 BC: Image of a deity, detail from a cong recovered from Tomb 12, Fanshan, Yuyao, Zhejiang, is made. Neolithic period. Liangzhu culture. It is now kept at Zhejiang Provincial Museum, Hangzhou.
- 3000BC-Earliest remains from Aniba (Nubia).
- c. 3000 BC: Early agriculture in North Africa.
- 3000 BC – 2600 BC: Early Harappan period continues in the Indus Valley
- c. 3000 BC: Neolithic period ends.
- c. 3000 BC: Camel are domesticated in Egypt.
- c. 3000 BC: There is an intense phase of burial at Duma na nGiall on the Hill of Tara, the ancient seat of the High King of Ireland.
- c. 3000 BC: Stonehenge begins to be built. In its first version, it consists of a circular ditch and bank, with 56 wooden posts.
- c. 3000 BC: Cycladic civilization in the Aegean Sea starts
- c. 3000 BC: Helladic period starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Aegean Bronze Age starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Middle Jōmon period starts in Japan.
- c. 3000 BC: Austronesian Expansion started.
- c. 2999 BC: Jawa, Jordan is founded
- c. 2975 BC: Djer, third pharaoh of the First Dynasty of Egypt, dies
- c. 2975 BC: Djet, fourth pharaoh of First Dynasty of Egypt.
- c. 2950 BC: first definitive use of a Nebty name by Egyptian First Dynasty pharaoh, Semerkhet.
- c. 2920 BC: Troy is founded on this date, if the interpretation of Manfred Korfmann is followed.