"Fresco Bachfischet" at the Upper Mill, Old Town of Aarau, no longer at the original site
Stained glass window by Hoffmann in Bern Minster
Felix Hoffmann (born 18 April 1911 in Aarau; died 16 June 1975) was a Swiss graphic designer, illustrator and stained glass artist. He created countless illustrations for children's books, illustrations from literature (including the only one of Thomas Mann authorized illustration of The Magic Mountain), and stained glass windows, frescoes, and Etchings.
Fine Press Commissions
- Mann, Thomas, The Magic Mountain (Two Volumes), 1962 for The Limited Editions Club.
- Stoker, Bram, Dracula, 1965 for The Limited Editions Club.
- Longus, Daphnis and Chloe, 1972 for The Imprint Society.
- Mann, Thomas, Death in Venice, 1972 for The Limited Editions Club.
- "The Story of Christmas: A Picture Book"
Illustrations for Brothers Grimm tales:
- "The Sleeping Beauty"
- "Four Clever Brothers"
- "Hans in Luck"
- "Tom Thumb"
- "Konig Drosselbart" in English "King Thrushbeard"
- "The Wolf and the Seven Young Kids"
- "The Seven Ravens"