Investor AB is a Swedish investment and de facto conglomerate holding company. It was founded in 1916, and is still controlled by the Wallenberg family through their Foundation Asset Management company FAM. The company owns a controlling stake in several large Swedish companies, with smaller positions in a number of other firms.
Investor AB was established by the Wallenberg family in Stockholm in 1916, when new Swedish legislation made it more difficult for banks to own stocks in industrial companies on a long-term basis. The shareholdings of the family bank, Stockholms Enskilda Bank (SEB today), were transferred to Investor AB, a newly formed industrial holding company spun out of the bank.
Investor AB own significant minority stakes in listed companies and are typically the largest shareholder.
- ABB - Provides electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids.
- AstraZeneca - A biopharmaceutical company.
- Atlas Copco - Provides compressors, vacuum and air treatment systems, construction equipment, power tools, and assembly systems.
- Electrolux - Provides household appliances for consumer use.
- Electrolux Professional - food service, beverage and laundry for professional use, spun-off from Electrolux AB in 2020.
- Epiroc - mining, infrastructure and natural resources.
- Ericsson - Provides communications technology and services.
- Husqvarna AB - Provides outdoor power products, consumer watering products, cutting equipment, and diamond tools.
- Nasdaq, Inc. - Provides financial services and controls stock exchanges
- Saab - Products for military defense and civil security.
- SEB - A financial services group with main focus on the Nordic countries, Germany, and the Baltics.
- Sobi - Biopharmaceutics
- Wärtsilä - marine and power engine development.
Patricia Industries' key focus is to invest in and develop wholly-owned companies.
- BraunAbility - automotive mobility products
- Laborie - Develops, designs, and distributes innovative capital equipment for the urology and gastroenterology sectors, with complementing and recurring high-volume sales of disposable catheters
- Mölnlycke Health Care - Designs, manufactures, and supplies single use products for managing wounds
- Permobil - powered and manual wheelchairs, as well as cushions and accessories
- Piab - A provider of gripping and moving for automated manufacturing and logistics processes
- Sarnova - A provider of healthcare products to emergency care providers, hospitals, schools, businesses, and federal government agencies
- Advanced Instruments - osmolality testing instrumentation and consumables for the clinical, biopharmaceutical, and food & beverage markets
- Vectura - Develops, owns and manages real estate
- 3 Scandinavia - Provides mobile voice and broadband services in Sweden and Denmark
- Financial Investments - Financial Investments consist of investments in which the investment horizon has not yet been defined
Investments in EQT
Investments in EQT AB and EQT Funds.
- EQT Partners - EQT manages and advises a range of specialized investment funds, and other investment vehicles that invest across the world with the mission to generate attractive returns and future-proof companies. As one of EQT's founders in 1994, Investor has invested in most of its funds.