In 2012, there were 79 hospitals and clinics in Croatia.
All hospitals listed below are operated by the Croatian health ministry. The ministry classifies hospitals into five categories:
- Clinical hospital centre (Klinički bolnički centar or KBC) – five major medical centres in the country, two of which are located in the capital city of Zagreb
- Clinical hospital (Klinička bolnica or KB) – three large hospitals, all based in Zagreb
- Clinic (Klinika) – three large clinics, two of which are located in Zagreb
- General hospital (Opća bolnica or OB) – 22 smaller general hospitals, serving individual counties around the country
- Specialist hospitals (Specijalne bolnice) – 27 specialised hospitals, including various children's hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, psychiatric hospitals, and the like, scattered around the country