This list of military aircraft of Germany includes prototype, pre-production, and operational types. No distinction is drawn here between different services until 1991.
In 1990, the various air arms of the former German Democratic Republic were absorbed by their counterparts in the Federal Republic of Germany. Some types that had been operated by the GDR were no longer in service by then, and these are so noted.
The reunified Germany's military aircraft consisted of a mix of East and West German Aircraft that were in service along with new aircraft acquired after combining. In 2004 the last remnants of the communist East German armed forces "NVA" have been given to neighbour countries of Germany, such as Poland.
Fighters and interceptors
Patrol and reconnaissance
Transport and utility
- Airbus A310 MRTT + VIP, out of service
- Airbus A319
- Airbus A321
- Airbus A340-300 Two former Lufthansa, service entry 2009.
- Airbus ACJ350 XWB, service entry 1 x 2020, 2 x 2022
- Airbus Military A400M
- Bombardier Global Express Ordered, replaced Challengers.
- Transall C-160D, out of service
- Ilyushin Il-62 Former Interflug, out of service.
- Tupolev Tu-134 Former Interflug, out of service.
- Tupolev Tu-154M Former NVA, out of service. One out of two modified for Open Skies.
- Let L-410 Turbolet Former NVA, out of service.
Experimental and research