The Spam-whitelist page is used in conjunction with the Mediawiki SpamBlacklist extension, and lists strings of text that override Meta's blacklist and the local spam-blacklist. Any administrator can edit the spam whitelist. Please post comments to the appropriate section below: Proposed additions (web pages to unblock), Proposed removals (sites to reblock), or Troubleshooting and problems; read the messageboxes at the top of each section for an explanation. See also MediaWiki talk:Spam-blacklist.
Please enter your requests at the bottom of the Proposed additions to Whitelist section and not at the very bottom of the page. Sign your requests with four tildes: ~~~~
Also in your request, please include the following:
- The link that you want whitelisted in the section title, like === example.com/help/index.php === .
- The Wikipedia page on which you want to use the link
- An explanation why it would be useful to the encyclopedia article proper
- If the site you're requesting is listed at /Common requests, please include confirmation that you have read the reason why requests regarding the site are commonly denied and that you still desire to proceed with your request
Important: You must provide a full link to the specific web page you want to be whitelisted (leave out the
http:// from the front; otherwise you will not be able to save your edit to this page). Requests quoting only a domain (i.e. ending in
.com or similar with nothing after the
/ character) are likely to be denied. If you wish to have a site fully unblocked please visit the relevant section of MediaWiki talk:Spam-blacklist.
Note: Do not request links to be whitelisted where you can reasonably suspect that the material you want to link to is in violation of copyright (see WP:LINKVIO). Such requests will likely be summarily rejected.
There is no automated notification system in place for the results of requests, and you will not be notified when your request has a response. You should therefore add this page to your personal watch list or check back here every few days to see if there is any progress on it; in particular, you should check whether administrators have raised any additional queries or expressed any concerns about the request, as failure to reply to these promptly will generally result in the request being denied.
Completed requests are archived, additions and removal are logged. →snippet for logging: ((/request|1098626114#section_name))
Note that requests from new or unregistered users are not usually considered.
Admins: Use seth's tool to search the spamlists.
Notice to everyone about our Reliable sources and External links noticeboards
If you have a source that you would like to add to the spam-whitelist, but you are uncertain that it meets Wikipedia's guideline on reliability, please ask for opinions on the Reliable sources noticeboard, to confirm that it does meet that guideline, before submitting your whitelisting request here. In your request, link to the confirming discussion on that noticeboard.
Likewise, if you have an external link that you are uncertain meets Wikipedia's guideline on external links, please get confirmation on the External links noticeboard before submitting your whitelisting request here.
If your whitelist request falls under one of these two categories, the admins will be more willing to have the source whitelisted if you can achieve consensus at one of the above noticeboards.
Proposed additions to Whitelist (web pages to unblock)
|This section is for proposing that a web page be whitelisted; add new entries at the bottom of this section. Completed requests will be marked with an appropriate Indicator then archived.
- Instructions to requesters:
- Explain why the site should be whitelisted.
- Explain which articles would benefit from the addition of the link.
- Provide the specific link to the page you're requesting be added.
- Please use the basic URL so that there is no link (www.google.ca, not http://www.google.ca).
- Please add a
((LinkSummary|example.org)) (replace example.org with the domain your specific url resides on, and remove the 'www.' part, and everything following the domain-name). This inserts a set of links that helps in finding relevant information and related discussion on the requested site.
If the above information is not provided, expect your request to be declined.
PLEASE ADD NEW ENTRIES TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST (bottom of this section)
PLEASE SIGN YOUR ENTRY WITH FOUR TILDES: ~~~~
ugg.com: Linksearch en (https) (insource) - meta - de - fr - simple - wikt:en - wikt:fr • MER-C X-wiki • gs • Reports: Links on en - COIBot - COIBot-Local • Discussions: tracked - advanced - RSN • COIBot-Link, Local, & XWiki Reports - Wikipedia: en - fr - de • Google: search • meta • Domain: domaintools • AboutUs.com
Just the homepage, for UGG (brand). New domain for the brand, after Deckers pulled the plug on www.uggaustralia.com, which doesn't even direct to ugg.com and therefore might mislead readers into thinking the brand is defunct. DigitalIceAge (talk) 23:24, 27 June 2022 (UTC)
- @DigitalIceAge: per MediaWiki talk:Spam-whitelist/Common_requests#The_official_homepage_of_the_subject_of_a_page, we would need an about-page or a full url (including an index.htm) of the index page. Can you please provide a suitable link? --Dirk Beetstra T C 05:50, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- @Beetstra: Sure, I have found that:
- Link requested to be whitelisted:
- works. DigitalIceAge (talk) 06:25, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- @DigitalIceAge: Added to MediaWiki:Spam-whitelist. --Dirk Beetstra T C 05:53, 10 July 2022 (UTC)
- Thanks! DigitalIceAge (talk) 17:36, 16 July 2022 (UTC)
This is the personal website of a designer who published a research report about Wikipedia where I gave an interview. Either whitelist the entire site, or just whitelist the link to the interview. There is nothing dangerous about this site as it is operated by one individual to present their portfolio of works.
The reason why the site is blocked is because xyz domains are usually spam and are all blocked are as described in MediaWiki_talk:Spam-blacklist/archives/September_2020#xyz_domain
I would like this unblocked so that I can share the report through my Wikipedia userpage. Bluerasberry (talk) 19:46, 1 July 2022 (UTC)
I am trying to improve Mustafa Raza Khan Qadri#Disciples and need qadrishattari.xyz to improve it. It is becoming much difficult for me to find another sources to improve that long term unreferenced section probably due to unavailability of good quality sources for such atypical niches. I believe qadrishattari.xyz will be helpful for that section. Dove's talk (talk) 15:06, 6 July 2022 (UTC)
- To the reviewing admin, please see MediaWiki_talk:Spam-blacklist#qadrishattari.xyz - this has been discussed endlessly with the user and at SBL. PRAXIDICAE🌈 15:09, 6 July 2022 (UTC)
- Not done That site does not meet WP:RS guidelines, and as such there is no compelling reason to whitelist it. OhNoitsJamie Talk 15:52, 6 July 2022 (UTC)
- Beetstra: After your previous whitelisting of qadrishattari.xyz. I do not think it had been spammed but all were good faith additions which was reverted. I still need this site to improve Mustafa Raza Khan Qadri#Disciples along with official website of Sunni Dawate Islami (already whitelisted) one more already present in the article (taajushshariah.com). Being the religious org website it is helpful for atypical niches like Sufism and can be deemed reliable for certain articles like this. Also the website contain various articles which can help to verify the already available information in the Mustafa Raza Khan Qadri#Disciples tagged for citation needed since years. Dove's talk (talk) 14:20, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- Proposed revision. Thank you. Dove's talk (talk) 14:22, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- Have you considered that if you cannot find a reliable source that it shouldn't be included? Wikipedia doesn't include content just because it exists somewhere, it includes content that can be reliably sourced. In this case, you can't source it, so it doesn't belong. Beleaguering the point and creating endless discussion on this subject is purely disruptive at this point. PRAXIDICAE🌈 14:27, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- Seriously Praxidicae I have not added that info but it had been there for years now. Dove's talk (talk) 14:32, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- Lots of stuff has been on Wikipedia for years that shouldn't be - if all you can find to support a section is self published web sites, you should remove the section. MrOllie (talk) 14:35, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- MrOllie. It is not a self published source or a spam atleast. Dove's talk (talk) 14:38, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- Who is the publisher, then? Who is the editor? Is there a fact checking process? MrOllie (talk) 14:54, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- That does not mean it should remain - that's the point. If we find information that's unsourced or not supported by reliable sources, it gets removed. Period. We don't add it back with another unreliable source. PRAXIDICAE🌈 14:35, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- I am still not getting what gives you the impression of it not be reliable. Dove's talk (talk) 14:36, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- It's clear you're not reading what has been said already by multiple people or this is a case of WP:IDHT. Either way, your repeated insistence on whitelisting this after being told no several times is getting old and disruptive. PRAXIDICAE🌈 14:38, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- Praxidicae: I think this was the first whitelisting request by me on this noticeboard. Please let the admin to deal with it. Anyways you are not an admin here. Dove's talk (talk) 14:42, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- No but I was involved to begin with and unless the rules have changed, this isn't limited to admin response only. PRAXIDICAE🌈 14:42, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- Sorry to say it but you seem to interfere in lots of admin stuffs per this. and you have been badly humiliated in past for this. I suggest you to desist from it until you get a mop (which is likely impossible). Dove's talk (talk) 14:49, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- Yeah, linking to some random troll on Quora really proves your point. I'm definitely just shaking in my boots over the fact that you and some troll apparently waste time off-wiki letting me live rent free in your mind. PRAXIDICAE🌈 14:52, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- Really not here to discuss you atleast. Let me come on the original discussion to my proposed addition. Dove's talk (talk) 14:55, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- Resorting to personal attacks is not likely to persuade people that you are in the right here. MrOllie (talk) 14:57, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
- Beetstra: I can see the former requester did not improve Hamza al Qadiri al Boutchichi still. I can take the responsibility to improve it by using qadrishattari.xyz along with different sources. Dove's talk (talk) 14:35, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
Request to whitelist specific Kickstarter link
Although 000webhostapp.com is blacklisted, this page (or even the whole masten sub-domain) provides useful information I would like to cite in the article Perpetual_Motion_(solitaire).
Matthew C. Clarke 05:09, 14 July 2022 (UTC)
- Not done That's nowhere near a reliable source per WP:USERGENERATED. OhNoitsJamie Talk 15:06, 14 July 2022 (UTC)
Request to whitelist an artists official website
- Reason: Wish to list in External links section as the artist's official website
Laterthanyouthink (talk) 00:23, 10 July 2022 (UTC)
- @Laterthanyouthink: Added to MediaWiki:Spam-whitelist. --Dirk Beetstra T C 05:50, 10 July 2022 (UTC)
- Thanks, Beetstra! Laterthanyouthink (talk) 06:16, 10 July 2022 (UTC)
Request to whitelist single page from archives of magazine archives.swarajyamag.com
- Page: page under review S R Venkataraman
- Reason: Magazine site blacklisted "privacy concerns", requesting single book review page from 1962 to be whitelisted, it is review of book authored by subject of page
- Page to be whitelisted: archives.swarajyamag.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/17-19.pdf
Thanks. Iitmsriram (talk) 12:57, 13 July 2022 (UTC)