Metro
Metro tv logo.png
CountryPoland
Programming
Language(s)Polish
Ukrainian
Picture format16:9 576i (SDTV)
1080i (HDTV)
Ownership
OwnerWarner Bros. Discovery
ParentTVN Warner Bros. Discovery
History
LaunchedDecember 2, 2016; 6 years ago (2016-12-02)
Links
Websitewww.metro.tv
Availability
Terrestrial
Polish DigitalMUX 8 - Channel 38 (SD)

Metro is a Polish television channel, launched on December 2, 2016.[1] The first main owner of Metro was Agora SA - one of the largest and most renowned media companies in Poland, publisher of Gazeta Wyborcza. Shortly after the start of broadcasting, Agora SA sold to Discovery Communications (now Warner Bros. Discovery) a 49% of the shares in Metro.[2] In August 2017, Discovery announced that it would buy on 1 September 2017 the remaining 51% for PLN 19 million under a share buyback agreement[3]

Programming

Metro is a channel with movies, documentaries and lifestyle programs.

References

  1. ^ "Metro startuje 2 grudnia. W ramówce programy muzyczne i cykl Dominiki Wielowieyskiej". wirtualnemedia.pl. 14 November 2016.
  2. ^ "Discovery kupuje 49% udziałów w Metro". satkurier.pl. 9 December 2016.
  3. ^ "Discovery przejmie od Agory telewizję Metro". satkurier.pl. 21 August 2017.