Olivia is a British-American-Irish children's computer-animated comedy television series produced by media company Chorion and based on Ian Falconer's books, after its first live-action TV series, The Olivia Squared TV Show. The series won a silver Parents' Choice Award for its positive storylines and characters. The series premiered on January 26, 2009 on Nick Jr. and aired episodes through October 29, 2015. 40 episodes were produced.
Taking place in a world where all characters are pigs, Olivia revolves around the title character and her family. The plots are mostly everyday situations in which Olivia finds herself and her unique way of dealing with them. In almost every episode from season 1, Olivia also dispenses her "Rules of Life". In each episode, Olivia dreams of having a job from the episode's experiences, such as being an artist after visiting the art gallery or being her mum's assistant after helping plan her friend's birthday party.
The shorts are small, generally wordless segments in each episode (two per). They include the following:
William Eats (And Burps)
- William is hungry so Mum puts him in his highchair and goes to get him some applesauce. While she is gone, everyone else gives him tidbits of food. At the end, Mum says she thought he was hungry, but it appears William does not want his applesauce. She is surprised when he burps.
Olivia in the Bathroom
- While Dad is shaving, Olivia keeps taking her stool, getting up on it and doing something in front of the sink and mirror such as brushing her ears. At the end of the short she gets on her stool and kisses Dad.
Olivia and Her Toy
- Olivia tries to get her favourite doll to stand up straight, but it won't so she tapes it to the wall and the two have a tea party.
Olivia Scares Ian
- Olivia tries to scare her little 'bother' but she can't time it right. Later Ian scares her.
Olivia Builds a Tower
- Olivia is building a tower of random items. Ian, Perry, and William try to knock it down, but Mum and Dad forbid it. At the end Olivia purposely knocks it down.
Olivia Cheers Up William
- There are two versions of this short. In one (used during the first season), William is upset and Olivia tries to cheer him up. At the end (when Olivia is in her cow costume), she hurts her leg by stepping on a block and cheers him up. The other (used during the second) is similar, except with Olivia laying Edwin beside William instead of hurting her foot.
- Olivia is stuffing her bookbag for school with Perry and Ian taking her things then returning them each time she leaves the room. In the end, her bookbag becomes too heavy for her to carry and when she puts it on she falls over backwards.
William Goes for a Ride
- Olivia puts on her train hat takes her family on a ride in her wagon. First it's just William, who is then joined by Perry, then Edwin, and finally Ian. The wagon gets heavier as each kid and pet climbs on board. At the end all the kids and pets are pulled in the wagon by Dad.
Ian Wants to Play
- Olivia and Julian are jumping rope and Ian wants to play, also. Throughout the entire short Ian is trying to get their attention but he is unsuccessful. Finally at the end he gets their attention and Olivia and Ian jump rope.
Olivia's Hidden Talent
- When Olivia sees a bowl of oranges she discovers she has a hidden talent for juggling. When she throws four oranges in the air they disappear. When she looks up, she realizes Ian who is standing on the stairs above her has caught them.
- Olivia and her toys slide many different ways in the park.
Perry Plays Fetch
- Olivia throws three different balls to Perry. The first two, a baseball and a soccer ball, he retrieves. The last, a beachball, he returns walking on. Olivia then throws a smaller baseball and he walks on the beachball to fetch the baseball.
- Olivia gets three pails and a ball which she puts under the red pail. She mixes them up and finally Perry guesses which pail the ball is under and gets the ball and Olivia chases Perry for the ball.
Olivia's Many Sandwiches
- Olivia makes herself a sandwich and walks away. When she returns it is gone, and she blames it on Perry. After a couple of sandwiches Ian covers Olivia's favourite toy in peanut butter and at the end the toy falls to the floor and Perry licks it as Olivia chases Ian.
- Olivia paints a picture of a pig with a blue background. The short ends showing the fridge filled with many copies of the same picture and Olivia replies "I think I'm done with my blue period," a reference to Pablo Picasso's blue period.
- Olivia is trying to draw a picture, but Edwin keeps laying on top of the picture resulting in Olivia moving him again and again. At the end the viewers see that the picture is of Edwin.
- Olivia is about to go outside but Mum warns her it is about to get very cold. When Olivia opens the front door she imagines emperor penguins and snow. William flies away but Dad catches him. Olivia goes to her room and dresses for winter, but when she goes to the door again, it is hot outside. Olivia dresses like it is summer and Mum asks her why she keeps changing clothes. Olivia says it is the weather that's changing.
- At the beach, Olivia finds a pile of sand and decides to make a sand sculpture of herself by shaping it and adding shells.
- Olivia chases around Perry and Ian after they cause mischief for her. At the end Ian chases Perry.
Olivia's Magic Trick
- Olivia tries to make her cookie disappear but is unsuccessful. Later Perry eats it.
Olivia's Inflated Pirate Ship
- The mailman brings a package for Olivia. He knocks on the door and walks away. Olivia opens the door and sees the package and opens it. When Olivia sees another box. She opens it and so on. 5 boxes are there and Olivia sees a purple flat cube. She pulls the string and it inflates into an inflated pirate ship. At the end, Olivia plays in the inflated pirate ship.
Olivia VS Ian
- On a stage, Olivia pulls out a trunk full of musical instruments. However, before she can even start playing music, Ian, who's been hiding behind the box suddenly swipes the instruments right out of her hands. First a violin, then a trumpet, and a guitar. Growing frustrated, Olivia has an idea and pulls out a pair of symbols. When Ian tries his swiping technique again, Olivia crashes the symbols together, scaring Ian. After laughing it off, both start playing music together.
In addition to airing on Milkshake! and Nick Jr. in the UK and TG4 In Ireland, the series was aired on Nick Jr. from 1 February 2009 until 30 October 2015 and is currently airing on Universal Kids in the United States, Disney Junior in Latin America and Brazil, and Treehouse TV in Canada.