Plastic is the generic name for a family of synthetic materials derived from petrochemicals. It is often product of two or more components.
There are many families of plastics and polymers being used in construction industry. Examples of plastics used in building are:
in building materials. Some of these properties are:
Some of the examples below are Products of Plastics in the Construction industry:
- Pipes : Electrical Conduits, Rain Water & Sewage pipes, Plumbing, Gas Distributions.
- Cables : PVC Insulation on cables, Insulation Tapes .
- Floorings : Flooring tiles & Rolls .
- Domes / sky lights : Opaque as well as transparent.
- Roofing : Coloured or Double skinned for insulation.
- Windows & doors : Extruded sections for Door and windows and panels.
- Storage tanks : Storage tanks.
- Hardware accessories : Washers, Nut bolts, Sleeves, Anchoring wires.
- Temporary structures: Guard cabins, tents
- Insulation materials: PVC sheets, insulating membranes.