A residence is a place (normally a building) used as a home or dwelling, where people reside.
Residence may more specifically refer to:
- Domicile (law), a legal term for residence
- Habitual residence, a civil law term dealing with the status of refugees, and child abduction
- Residence in English family law, pertaining to where children should live in the case of disputes
- Residence or residence hall (UK) accommodating college or university students, known in the US as a dormitory
- Residenz, the German term for residence which normally means the city palace of a noble family
- Tax residence, to determine the location of someone's home for tax purposes