VodafoneZiggo Group Holding B.V. is a Dutch joint venture between Vodafone Plc and Ziggo B.V., announced in February 2016, approved by the European Commission in August 2016 and completed in December 2016.
VodafoneZiggo is headquartered in Utrecht.
After the founding, Jeroen Hoencamp was appointed CEO of VodafoneZiggo since 2016. Hoencamp was previously CEO of Vodafone Ireland since 2010. He remains CEO as of 2019.
- In 1970, Casema was founded (cable television provider, later including internet and telephone services over cable).
- In 1984, Multikabel was founded (cable television provider, later including internet service over cable).
- In 1996, @Home Network was founded (internet service provider), later known as Essent Kabelcom.
- In 1998, UPC Nederland was founded. (cable and internet service provider).
- Warburg Pincus and Cinven bought Multikabel in 2005, and Casema and @Home in 2006.
- In 2008, Ziggo was created by merging Casema, Multikabel, and @Home.
- In 2012, Ziggo went public on (as Ziggo NV).
- In 2014, Liberty Global acquired Ziggo (now Ziggo Holding B.V).
- In 2015, Ziggo merged with UPC Nederland.
- In December 2016, Ziggo Holding B.V became a subsidiary of VodafoneZiggo.
Subsidiaries of Ziggo N.V.
From their annual report of 2013:
- Zesko B.V.
- Ziggo Bond Company Holding B.V.
- Ziggo Bond Company B.V.
- Amsterdamse Beheer- en Consultingmaatschappij B.V.
- Torenspits II B.V.
- Ziggo B.V.
- Ziggo Netwerk B.V.
- Esprit Telecom B.V.
- Breezz Nederland B.V.
- Ziggo Netwerk II B.V.
- ZUM B.V. (50%)
- ZUMB B.V. (50%)
- HBO Nederland Coöperatief U.A (50%)