About the Desserts Task Force
Welcome to the Desserts task force! Whether you have a big sweet tooth or just want to help out Wikipedia, this is the place for you.
This task force started out as a WikiProject designed to be a complete resource on ice cream topics including shops, brands and frozen desserts in general. Unfortunately, interest in this project dropped off and it was changed to a task force and merged into the Food and Drink WikiProject. It has been rededicated to the more general, though no less tasty, subject of desserts.
You can join the project by adding your name to the participants list and placing one of the user boxes (((User Brr1)) or ((User Brr2))) on your user page.
Ways to contribute
To do list
This list is transcluded from the to do list page, to edit, click here
Here are some tasks awaiting attention:
- Article requests : Find/create an article to use as an example of a good ice cream article
- Expand : Please look through the list of ice cream brands
- Stubs : Please expand the stub categories
- Update : Create articles for red brands (see Ice Cream Redlinks)
- Other : Find, list, use, and cite good sources for writing about ice cream brands, and ice cream in general: trade magazines, corporate histories, cookbooks, etc.
This list is transcluded from the tasks list page, to edit, click here
|Here are some tasks you can do for Desserts Task force:
- Help bring these Top Importance articles currently B Status or below up to GA status:
- Bring these Top Importance articles currently at GA status up to FA Status:
- Articles for creation:
- Get rid of Trivia sections in articles you are working on.
- Add the
((wpfood|desserts=yes)) banner to dessert related articles to help bring them to members attention. It could encourage new members to the project too.
This list is transcluded from the current projects page, to edit this section click here
|These are the current projects that the Desserts Task Force is working on:
In 2008, a community forum was established to help manage common goals of the associated Food and Drink WikiProjects. The inactive discussion is located here.
- Goal specific forums
- Guidelines forum - This forum has been set up for the various Food and Drink projects to develop a set of Manual of Style guidelines for use in articles under the auspices of all the related Food and Drink WikiProjects and task forces. This would be similar to the MoS guidelines for biographies or legal articles.
- Restaurant notability guidelines discussion - This guideline is intended to extend WP:CORP, in no way to replace its purpose, in regard to restaurants. It is also not intended to replace, supplant, or otherwise alter the standard notability requirements.
- To create/expand articles relating to ice cream by:
- Giving history about the brand/company
- Building a comprehensive list of flavors for the brand
- Give consistent information about each brand
- An in-depth history to the ice cream inc how it was first made.
- Expand articles on technology used in commercial ice cream production
- (Note: Please feel free to add goals for this WikiProject)
- Al Gelato (Los Angeles, CA, USA) - review at la.com
- Appolo Ice Cream (China & Hong Kong) http://www.appolo.com.hk/index_en.html
- Denali Flavors (aka Moose Tracks) http://www.denaliflavors.com/
- Essensia - Albertson's brand, according to St. Petersburg Times article (google cache)
- Galaxy (ice cream) - according to black information link article Galaxy is a brand of Masterfoods (a subsidiary of Mars), and is sold (or at least advertised) in England.
- Hennig-Olsen is (Norway) http://www.hennig-olsen.no/ probably, but it seems to be only in Norwegian, and I don't read that language. JesseW, the juggling janitor 23:25, 14 July 2006 (UTC)
- Jake's Ice Cream & Sorbets (Atlanta, GA) http://jakesicecream.com/
- Keilwin's - non-existant, probably really Kilwin's Chocolates & Ice Cream (Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA) review in southflorida.com; there is also a http://www.kilwins.com/ . Kilwins is a chain of retail stores selling fudge, chocolates, candies and "original recipe" ice cream, which is made in the Hudsonville Creamery in Holland, MI.
- Kleins Kosher (Brooklyn, New York) http://www.koshericecream.com/
- Kwality Walls (India) http://www.kwalitygroup.com/walls.htm
- Loards (California) http://www.loards.com/
- Mackies (Scotland) http://www.mackies.co.uk
- Meadow Gold http://www.meadowgold.com/ - maybe; it's not clear. More investigation needed.
- Minghella Ice Cream (UK) http://www.minghella.co.uk/
- Mitchell's Ice Cream (San Francisco) http://www.mitchellsicecream.com/
- Pastonji (India) http://pastonjiicecream.com/ - maybe; there seem to be multiple official sites.
- Paul's Ice Cream (Pittsburgh (and maybe other places)) - the only information I can find on this is various copies of a story about a vendor who assaulted someone
- Pierre's (Cleveland, Ohio, USA) http://www.pierres.com/
- R &R Ice Cream UK & Germany, http://www.rr-icecream.eu/e/index.php
- Ritter's Frozen Custard (USA) http://www.ritters.com/
- Taste The Tropics Ice Cream (Brooklyn, NY, USA) http://tastethetropics.com/
- Vadilal http://www.vadilalgroup.com/
- Weiss - unable to find.
Brands with ### have flavors listed.
|To edit this list, click here
Hierarchy of projects
Wikipedia WikiProject Culture
- → Wikipedia WikiProject on Food and Drink
- → Desserts task force and our sibling task forces
((WikiProject Food and drink|desserts=yes))
|This article is within the scope of WikiProject Food and drink, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of food and drink related articles on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.|
||This article has been rated as Project-Class on the project's quality scale.
|Food and Drink task list:|
- To edit this page, select here
|Here are some tasks you can do for WikiProject Food and drink:
- Help bring these Top Importance articles currently B Status or below up to GA status: Agaricus bisporus (i.e. mushroom), Beef, Bread, Curry, Drink, Food, Ham and eggs, Soy sauce, Sushi, Yogurt
- Bring these Top Importance articles currently at GA status up to FA status: Beer, French cuisine, Sugar
- Bring these High Importance articles currently at GA status up to FA status: Apple, Burger King, Fish
- Participate in project-related deletion discussions.
- Delete unrelated trivia sections found in articles. Please review WP:Trivia and WP:Handling trivia to learn how to do this.
- Add the ((WikiProject Food and drink)) project banner to food and drink related articles and content to help bring them to the attention of members. For a complete list of banners for WikiProject Food and drink and its child projects, select here.
- Provide photographs and images for Category:Wikipedia requested images of food
- Consider joining this project's Assessment task force. List any project ideas in this section
Note: These lists are transcluded from the project's tasks pages.