Welcome to the Technology WikiProject on the English Wikipedia! We are a group dedicated to improving Wikipedia's coverage of topics related to technology. If you would like to join us, please feel free to add your name to the list of project members. You can also add the userbox ((User Tech)) to your user page
Most articles within Category:Technology and its sub-categories are within our scope. There are several other projects with similar scopes, which we hope to work closely with.
WikiProject Technology has developed several structural features to help manage our work
- Coordinators are responsible for maintaining the administrative aspects of the project
- Departments host work on several specialized tasks, including article quality assessment, detailed article and content review, and offline publication.
- Task forces are more informal groups for collaboration on specific topics within history.
The entire subject and Wikipedia's coverage of it is intended to be summarized in the Outline of technology and its branch outlines. These are in turn part of Wikipedia's outline system which is one of Wikipedia's main contents systems.
Please look it over and fill-in missing topics. If Wikipedia has an article or article section about those topics, please add links to them.
While analyzing the outline, please answer the following questions (and fix the outline as needed):
- What's missing?
- Is the structure of the outline (sections and indents) representative of the subject?
- Does the outline help understand the relationships between the topics presented in the best way possible?
The overall purpose of the outline is to help readers comprehend the subject by showing what belongs to it, and within the subject what belongs to what.
The outline is a taxonomy of the subject, and also serves as a table of contents and navigation aid to browse Wikipedia's articles (and article sections) about the subject.
It is also a useful tool for the WikiProject to analyze, plan, develop, and revise technology-related material. It is a hub from which to organize technological topics.
It was built as a "reverse outline", a structural model of an existing work, which in addition to being a summary of the work, can reveal the gaps and other weaknesses for revision purposes.
Please help improve it.
It's our bird's eye view.
These articles need to gain featured status as soon as possible:
Feel free to add any articles needing improvement you come across here:
The project coordinators are generally responsible for maintaining all of the procedural and administrative aspects of the project and serve as the designated points-of-contact for procedural issues. They are not, however, endowed with any special executive powers.
The Assessment department finds historical articles and rates them on the Quality scale.
The Collaboration department serves to improve articles that have been assessed by the assessment department by assigning large groups of editors to improve those articles. Help can be requested for an article you are working on or you have found abandoned. A list of open tasks can also be found here
The Review department carries out peer reviews on historical articles and nominates articles for good and featured status. It also carries out A-Class reviews on articles within our scope.
News and Views: South Africa Technology Review
Africa Task forces
African Technology sector is important.
It is reviewed by various regions; South Africa Technology Review, East Africa Medical Journal, North Africa Economist and
West Africa Chemical Review.
Put # ~~~~ below this to become part of the project:
- Hitpoint0213 (talk) 19:10, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
- Nalbarian (talk) 16:05, 24 August 2020 (UTC)
- TBR-qed (talk) 15:16, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- One life to live (talk) 07:36, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
- Naishar A Usman (talk)
- Mkoronowski (talk) 00:06, 25 May 2011 (UTC) -interests include history, energy, science, technology, cradle to grave impact
- Jorfer (talk) 23:19, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
- —TedPavlic | (talk) 20:28, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- Amit6 (talk · contribs)
- # Amit6 (talk · contribs)
- Jerusalem666 (talk) 00:11, 7 May 2018 (UTC)
- Mjquin_id (talk) 06:49, 1 February 2009 (UTC) = Templates and Categories; Computers, Energy:Solar, Space, General history
- Creator Xavier (talk)
- TomCat4680 (talk) 15:52, 19 April 2009 (UTC) Interested in helping with TV related articles. Let me know how I can contribute.
- <<< SOME GADGET GEEK >>> (talk) Computing fanatic!
- Some Old Man (talk) 00:40, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
- (sdsds - talk) 21:23, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- Opticalgirl (talk) 16:47, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
- Octavabasso (talk) 21:10, 6 October 2009 (UTC) - Interested in the history of the Internet and related topics
- Wild mine (talk) 18:01, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
- ISQureshi (talk) 05:20, 26 October 2009 (UTC) Interested in Automation, Instrumentation and Control Technologies
- AquaTeen13 23:16 26 October 2009 (UTC)
- Sean (talk || contribs) 20:10, 26 December 2009 (UTC)
- marcustom41019999 (talk · contribs)
- Gunjan (talk) 06:00, 6 January 2010 (UTC)
- Rlsheehan (talk) 19:44, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
- --rocketrye12 talk/contribs 22:06, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- MikeLynch (talk)
- Anneaholaward (talk) 00:06, 2 October 2010 (UTC) - I am interested in history of internet, VoIP, touch screen technology, web
- Austenten (talk) 21:19, 21 October 2010 (UTC) - Looking to deepen the conversation about social media and related technologies.
- Elizium23 (talk) 18:28, 17 November 2010 (UTC) : All things Unix and TCP/IP.
- Guy Macon - Electronics Engineer working on high-volume low-cost consumer products.
- Chris Swanger- Software & Web Designer Developer
- Stephen Quast - Apple User since 1984. Born in 1982!
- Synergee (talk)
- Hamham31 (talk) 09:16, 21 September 2011 (UTC) - I'am willing to participate here in this WProject. And also, besides from being a DJ, I'am also take the course Information Technology in my campus. So I also updated about the latest technology and inventions.
- Jeffree lee (talk) 04:14, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- Phmoreno (talk) 19:30, 18 October 2011 (UTC) Chemical and mechanical/project engineer, Masters Information Technology.
- Rubinkumar (Click Here To Talk) 22:22, 2 January 2012 (UTC) Very good at programming/computer mechanics/software.
- Jabberwoch (talk) 03:20, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- Haseo9999 (talk)
- Raunaq.sarcar (talk) - Interested in everything technological.
- KawaiiDDoS (talk) Interested in everything technology related.
- Shirsakbc (talk)
- Kylestewart98 (talk) 02:33, 11 November 2012 (UTC)
- RossSLynch (talk) 20:48, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
- 3 bit (talk) 17:00, 20 November 2012 (UTC) - Interested in vintage micros.
- Zalunardo8 (talk) 11:08, 12 December 2012 (UTC)
- UWRishi (talk) 08:14, 01 March 2013 (UTC)
- Compfreak7 (talk) 06:15, 12 May 2013 (UTC)
- jimbob271 (talk) 6:45, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
- Augbog (talk) 00:31, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
- Horst-schlaemma (talk) Interested and engaged in the world's top-notch tech.
- Qxukhgiels (talk) 20:29, 11 March 2014 (UTC)
- Madalm.vignesh (talk)Vignesh
- Jummals (talk)
- Science.Warrior (talk) 17:06, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
- Ferdoseashraf (talk) 04:07, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- Chamith (talk) 03:55, 30 November 2014 (UTC)
- thecynicofsinope (talk) 2:48, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
- RoyalMate1 01:28, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
- Meşteşugarul - U
- Rider ranger47 Talk 03:26, 21 March 2015 (UTC)
- JC713 (talk) 15:28, 4 April 2015 (UTC)
- Daylen (talk) 23:48, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
- aGastya ✉ Dicere Aliquid :)
- Ajith P V (talk) 11:32, 24 June 2015 (IST)
- Lucasstar1 (talk) 01:06, 4 September 2015 (UTC)
- FallingGravity (talk) 02:02, 27 December 2015 (UTC)
- Ⓩⓟⓟⓘⓧ (talk) 22:00, 26 February 2016 (UTC)
- North America1000 00:01, 16 April 2016 (UTC)
- MBlairMartin (talk) 20:31, 18 July 2016 (UTC)
- VintageComputing (talk) 17:00, 6 September 2016 (UTC)
- Qidi Huang 05:59, 6 February 2017 (UTC) An embedded software enginner, major in audio module.
- Peter (Southwood) (talk) Main interests currently underwater diving technology: 15:07, 6 February 2017 (UTC)
- Malcolm Boura (talk) 18:40, 5 March 2017 (UTC) Currently revising page water wheel. Also finding lots of things on related pages that need attention.
- econterms (talk) 02:55, 16 December 2017 (UTC) -- Historical aeronautics and aviation; history and economics of technology change; now working to get historical patent information better standardized on Wikidata
- Jspace727 (talk) 14:50, 6 January 2018 (UTC)
- Dsalinasgardon (talk · contribs) (SaaS Products)
- IM3847 (talk) 12:35, 3 June 2018 (UTC)
- Thucldnguyen (talk · contribs) (Software Testing)
- Mrphilip (talk) 03:16, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
- SJTatsu (talk) 17:13, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- SurenGrig07 (talk) 12:10, 3 February 2019 (UTC - 8)
- Michellecow 12:02, 1 October 2019
- Marknamz8931 02:18, 30 November 2019 (UTC) As an IT professional I'm glad to expand my knowledge online.
- 4444dot (talk) 04:28, 10 January 2020 (UTC)Put # 4444dot (talk) 04:30, 10 January 2020 (UTC) below this to become part of the project
- --Eliegot (talk) 03:29, 3 February 2020 (UTC)eliegot
- --Berke330 (talk) 16:36, 3 August 2020 (UTC)Berke330
- MrAureliusRTalk! 14:53, 30 September 2020 (UTC)
- Muslow Christopher (talk) 15:43, 19 October 2020 (UTC)
- RajeshKumar12 (talk) 18:56, 24 December 2020 (UTC)
- Nigel757 (talk) 02:05, 21 February 2021 (UTC)
- Jcuber17 (talk) 1:58, 14 July 2021 (PT)
- ARCPRIDE123 (talk) 18:48, 10 January 2022 (UTC)
- Shemitz (talk) 18:37, 14 March 2022 (UTC)Shemitz
- Chen030 (talk) 17:26, 7 April 2022
- Panthermail (talk) 13:50, 17 May 2022 (UTC)
Did you know
Articles for deletion
- (3 more...)
Categories for discussion
Redirects for discussion
Files for discussion
Requests for comments
Articles to be merged
- (7 more...)
Articles to be split
- (3 more...)
Articles for creation
- (74 more...)
The template ((WikiProject Technology)) may be placed on article talk pages. It produces:
|This article is within the scope of WikiProject Technology, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of technology on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.|
||This article has been rated as Project-Class on the project's quality scale.