Total Film is a British film magazine published 13 times a year (published monthly and a summer issue is added every year since issue 91, 2004, which is published between July and August issue) by Future Publishing. The magazine was launched in 1997 and offers cinema, DVD and Blu-ray news, reviews and features. Total Film is available both in print and interactive iPad editions.
In 2014, it was announced online that Total Film would be merging into GamesRadar+.
Each month, Total Film provides a range of features, from spotlight interviews with actors and directors, to making of and on-set pieces for new and future releases. Each issue always includes the "Total Film Interview", which is a six-page in-depth chat with an actor or director, along with a critique of their body of work.
Licensed local editions of Total Film are released in many countries, including Turkey, Russia, Serbia, Croatia, Indonesia, plus many others.
This section needs to be updated. Please help update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information. (March 2015)
Total Film's online presence includes the website, forum & digital edition, as well as pages on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. There is also a Total Film iPhone app.
- Sections on the website include news, reviews, features, trailers and video, films coming soon, competitions, screening club and magazine. News is uploaded throughout the day; reviews are uploaded as they come in; features are updated daily; trailers and video and films coming soon are updated as soon as new film information becomes available. The website contains a database of every movie review featured in the magazine. Users of the website can subscribe to a weekly newsletter, featuring a 10-point rundown of the week's essential news, reviews and features, as well as competitions and free screenings RSS Feeds are available for: news, reviews, features and films coming soon. Users can also comment on any of the articles included on the website, as well as retweeting on Twitter and sharing on Facebook. Traffic on Totalfilm.com is growing exponentially, with 2.5 million unique users and 40 million page views a month. Its social media presence also continues to grow, with a highly engaged audience of over 450,000 followers across Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.
- The TF Forum existed between 2004 and 2013 before being shut down by the magazine. It had a loyal group of long-time users and during its time was a thriving community, attracting new members for chat and interaction on a variety of subjects.
- Facebook and Twitter
- Bespoke content is uploaded to Facebook and Twitter throughout the day. Posts include news stories and alerts for when a new review or trailer has been posted.
- TF's official blog is located at Tumblr. Bespoke content for Reviews, News, Features, Trailers, Posters, Office Talk and Covers is posted throughout the day.
- iPhone app
- Total Film launched its iPhone app in August 2010. The app allows users to read the latest film news, live search TF's database of over 8,000 reviews, read daily film features, save favourite articles, find the nearest cinema, look up showtimes and watch high quality trailers.
Total Film has been available in an interactive version for iPad since April 2012. Readers can interact with the pages, watch trailers and bespoke videos from photoshoots and link to buy DVDs from iTunes.
The Total Film iPad app won Film Magazine Of The Year at the 2012 Digital Magazine Awards. The judges said: "Full of tablet specific features, great content and interactivity. This a great read that makes the most of the digital format, a fantastic digital magazine."