This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. Please help improve it by removing promotional content and inappropriate external links, and by adding encyclopedic content written from a neutral point of view. (March 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Bat! is an email client for the Microsoft Windows operating system, developed by Ritlabs, SRL, a company based in Chişinău, Moldova. There are two versions: a Home version and a Professional version. The Professional version includes a portable module, The Bat Voyager.
On May 26, 2020, Stefan Tanurkov became the new CEO at Ritlabs and announced a new direction and the need for drastic changes, pointing to a future diversity of development directions. 
Reviews indicate that The Bat! has been regarded as an alternative email client for email users who seek a strong emphasis on security, as well as having many customization and filtering options, yet has also been criticized for its complexity and difficulty in learning.
- / This Bat really flies, May 28, 2000
- The Bat! 2.0, February 17, 2004
- The Bat! Best Email Client, May 2005
- The Bat! 3.6 Professional review, February 17, 2006
- The Bat! 4.0.34 - Spooky Good E-mail Client, October 15, 2009
- The Bat! 5.0 email client released, promises better stability and security, April 7, 2011
- The Bat! Professional Review, July 5, 2011
- The Bat!, June 14, 2012
- The Bat! Professional Is Not an Easier Email Client, July 11, 2012
- TheBat! Pro Review, March 2016
- What is The Bat! email Client?, September 2016
- The Bat! 7.1 Windows Email Program, October 9, 2016
- The Bat! Professional 7.1.14, April 5, 2017
- The Bat! Review, February 1, 2018
- The Bat Review, May 2018
- The Bat! Best Windows email client for security and encryption, March 2019
- The Bat! Windows Email Program, June 2019
- Top 15 Best Email Clients for Windows 10, June 2019
- TheBat! Email client, June 2019
- The Bat! 9.1.14, April 2020
- Best Email Clients For Windows 10, November 2020
The Bat! supports POP3, IMAP, and Microsoft Exchange Server email.
The Bat! provides virtual folders, advanced filtering, extensive search, a macro language, templates, tags, and color groups to assist in managing email.
Themes and Customization
In November 2020, with release of version 9.3 The Bat! introduced a number of themes to change its look and feel, also providing the ability for further color changes to the themes as provided. Toolbars and menus may also be modified, although doing that is difficult and not well documented.
- Encryption. The internal PGP implementation based on OpenSSL lets users encrypt messages and sign them with digital signatures. Digital keys manager is included. PGP up to version 10.0.2 is supported. The Bat! supports S/MIME via Internal Implementation or Microsoft CryptoAPI, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) v3.0 / Transport Layer Security (TLS) v1.0, v1.1, and 1.2 (as of version 8.5) with AES algorithm.
- Internal HTML Viewer. The Bat!’s internal viewer was replaced in version 9.2.1 with the Chromium web browser rendering engine to ensure HTML formatting is properly rendered, prevent script execution, and provide anti-phishing information.
- Safe handling of attached files. The Bat! checks attached file extensions and blocks their launching if they are suspicious. The Bat! warns users of double extension attachments and allows users to see the real extension.
- Selective download. Messages can be deleted or left on POP3 servers by setting up respective filters in the Sorting Office.
- OAuth 2.0 Support. The Bat! v9.2.3 is in compliance with the Google's security standards related to the OAuth 2.0 protocol for authentication with Gmail, Outlook and Yandex. Version 9.3.2 extended support to Office365.com and Live.com
- TLS AEAD AES-GCM cipher suites support. The Bat! v9.1 supports TLS AEAD AES-GCM cipher suites for secure connections with mail servers.
- Sorting Office. A filtering system that sorts incoming, outgoing, read, and replied messages to folders; auto-responds; replies with custom templates; forwards, redirects, prints, or exports messages; sends read confirmations; runs external programs and more.
- Message Templates and Macros. Email templates contents may be dynamically changed through the use of macros, which can also be used to automatically execute other user-defined functions such as cursor positioning, addressing changes, identity changes, active account changes and other.
- Microsoft Exchange Connectivity. The Bat! connects to Microsoft Exchange Server using native MAPI protocol to fetch or send messages.
- Multilingual Interface. Support for 18 languages.
- IDN support. Support for IDNs that contain characters from non-Latin alphabets such as Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic and Greek. IDN support includes Latin alphabet-based characters with diacritics, such as those found in French and German.
Compatible with Microsoft Windows XP and later versions. No minimum requirements for memory size or CPU speed. Runs on any Windows PC platform with at least 1024x768 screen resolution, and on Windows tablets.