A list of rowing boat manufacturers that build for the world's rowing community.
The following are the most commonly used recreational sliding seat shell manufacturers in current use:
These manufacturers formerly built rowing boats but have now ceased production.
- Aylings later became Lola Aylings
- Drew Harrison Racing
- Edwin Phelps
- Eton Racing Boats (ERB)
- Flying Dragon Boat Co (Huangzhou, China)
- Lola Aylings
- Pirsch (Friedrich Pirsch Bootswerft, Berlin-Spandau, Germany) 
- Salter Bros
- Helmut Schoenbrod (Orange, Connecticut, USA)
- Ray Sims
- Worcester Oar & Paddle (Joe Garafolo)