Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures is an American computer-animated children's television series produced by Disney Television Animation. It is the successor to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. The series, originally airing as Mickey and the Roadster Racers for its first two seasons[note 1], debuted on Disney Junior in the United States on January 15, 2017.
The series was renewed for a second season on March 15, 2017, which premiered on April 13, 2018. A third season was renewed one year after, leading to the series being renamed as Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures. The first episode under the new title originally aired on October 14, 2019.
The show was Russi Taylor's final TV series role, before her death on July 26, 2019.
On October 1, 2020, it was announced that a new series, Mickey Mouse Funhouse, is currently in development. It is scheduled to premiere on August 20, 2021 on Disney Junior.
Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures is about the Sensational Six (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy and Pluto) as they race around their town of Adventures and around the world (Pluto does not race in any way). Unlike the previous series, this show contains two 11-minute stories as opposed to a full-length 22-minute story. In the first half, Billy Beagle commentates on Mickey and his friends' races whether the race is in Hot Dog Hills or somewhere else around the world.
In the second half, Minnie and Daisy work as the Happy Helpers alongside Cuckoo Loca (from Minnie's Bow-Toons) where they help out different residents of Hot Dog Hills. Minnie and Daisy use the Turnstyler located in the office and the Happy Helper Van to assume the clothes associated with their jobs that they are hired to help out on.
In Season 2, the Roadster Racers get their roadsters modified by Ludwig Von Drake so that they can perform Supercharged moves.
In Season 3, Mickey builds a mixed-up motor lab that mixes up and transforms cars. It starts to use the classic "Hot Dog" song originally written and performed by They Might Be Giants for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. This new version of the song is placed between the two segments of each episode and at the end of the final segment.
- Mickey Mouse (voiced by Bret Iwan) is the leader of the Roadster Racers and owner of Mickey's garage. Mickey drives the Hot Doggin' Hot Rod which turns into Mickey's car.
- Minnie Mouse (voiced by Russi Taylor from 2017–21, Kaitlyn Robrock from 2020–21) is Mickey's sweetheart and one of the Happy Helpers. Minnie drives Pink Thunder which turns into the Happy Helpers' van.
- Donald Duck (voiced by Daniel Ross) is the co-leader and co-owner of Mickey's garage and Mickey's partner. Donald drives the Cabin Cruiser which turns into Donald's car. Donald's the most determined racer attempting to win. Donald's regular voice actor Tony Anselmo does not voice him in this series, as he was busy providing the voice for the character in other Disney projects.
- Daisy Duck (voiced by Tress MacNeille) is Donald's sweetheart and one of the Happy Helpers. Daisy drives Snapdragon which turns into her car.
- Goofy (voiced by Bill Farmer) is the owner of the Hot Diggity hot dog trailer that is frequented by Pete. Goofy drives the Turbo Tubster which turns into his car.
- Pluto (vocal effects provided by Bill Farmer) is Mickey's pet dog.
- Cuckoo Loca (voiced by Nika Futterman) is a female wind-up cuckoo who lives in Minnie and Daisy's cuckoo clock and tags along with the Happy Helpers. A running gag is that Cuckoo Loca tends to make sarcastic remarks towards the Happy Helpers jingle.
- Chip and Dale (voiced by Tress MacNeille and Corey Burton respectively) are two chipmunks who are mechanics for the racers.
- Pete (voiced by Jim Cummings) is the Hot Dog Hills' resident tow truck driver and owner of Pete's Junkyard. Pete drives the Super Crusher when Pete gets involved in races. In addition to having some relatives that get involved, Pete appears in various alter egos throughout the series.
- Clarabelle Cow (voiced by April Winchell) is a female cow who owns her own baking business in Hot Dog Hills and is often seen operating the racing flags. Clarabelle has also been seen hosting several international events on the show. She is Goofy's girlfriend.
- Clara Cluck (vocal effects provided by Russi Taylor from 2017–2020, Kaitlyn Robrock in 2020) is a female farmer and resident of Hot Dog Hills who mostly speaks chicken language.
- Horace Horsecollar (voiced by Bill Farmer) who, in addition to being a resident of Hot Dog Hills, appears in various alter egos throughout the series.
- Ludwig Von Drake (voiced by Corey Burton) is Donald's uncle and the Hot Dog Hills' residential inventor who has a laboratory beneath Mickey's garage. In "Grandpa Beagle's Day Out," it is revealed that Ludwig Von Drake also operates as a bicycle mechanic shop under the alias of Doc Sprockets.
- Hilda (voiced by April Winchell) is a female hippopotamus who engages in any sport.
- Figaro (vocal effects provided by Frank Welker) is Minnie's pet tuxedo cat.
- Butch (vocal effects provided by Frank Welker) is Pete's pet bulldog and Pluto's rival.
- Millie and Melody Mouse (voiced by Avalon Robbins and Grace Kaufman in Season 1-2 and Vivian Vencer and Stella Edwards in Season 3 respectively) are Minnie's nieces.
- Billy Beagle (voiced by Jay Leno) is the announcer and sports commentator of the races and other events. Billy is also shown to have a collection of roadsters and is also the host of "Billy Beagle's Tip Top Garage."
- Commander Heist (voiced by Steve Valentine) is an infamous male British international master criminal who is the main antagonist of the series.
- Robbie Roberts (voiced by Tim Gunn) is a critic and fashion male designer who also appears as a judge and is very harsh to the crowd.
Hot Dog Hills residents
- Mayor McBeagle (voiced by Bill Farmer) is the male mayor of Hot Dog Hills.
- Mr. Bigby (voiced by Bill Farmer) is a rich male pig who is the owner of the Bigby Bank & Trust, his name is Bertram.
- Mrs. Bigby (voiced by Andrea Martin) is a female poodle who is Mr. Bigby's wife, her name is Pinky.
- Susie Beagleman (voiced by Natalie Coughlin) is a little female beagle girl that the Happy Helpers tend to help out on occasion.
- Mrs. Beagleman (voiced by Tress MacNeille) is Susie's mother.
- Clifford and Cleo Cluck (vocal effects provided by Dee Bradley Baker) are Clara Cluck's chicks who mostly speak chicken language.
- Elray Thunderboom (voiced by Evan Kishiyama) is an male elephant.
- Mr. Thunderboom (voiced by Jim Cummings) is Elray's father.
- Mrs. Thunderboom (voiced by Nika Futterman) is Elray's mother.
- Bitsy Beagleberg (voiced by Mckenna Grace) is a young female beagle girl.
- Maynard McSnorter (voiced by Patton Oswalt) is a male pig who is the head of Hot Dog Hills' condiment factory.
- Mrs. McSnorter (voiced by Russi Taylor) is a female pig who is married to Maynard McSnorter.
- Pearl McSnorter (voiced by Stella Edwards) is a female pig who is the sister of Puck McSnorter.
- Puck McSnorter (voiced by August Maturo) is a male pig who is the brother of Pearl McSnorter.
- Buddy McBilly (voiced by Cooper Stutler) is a young male goat who was shy at first. In season 3, Buddy starts to become a fan of Mickey.
- Mr. McBilly (voiced by Bill Farmer) is Buddy's father.
- Mrs. McBilly (Leigh-Allyn Baker) is Buddy's mother.
- Jinx (vocal effects provided by Dee Bradley Baker) is a white female kitten that wears a bow and causes trouble wherever Jinx goes and always has a red bouncy ball, hence her name. Jinx later gets adopted by Emmy Lou.
- Babette Beagle (voiced by Jane Leeves)
- Mr. Doozy (voiced by Fred Willard) is the manager of the Snoozy Doozy Bed and Breakfast who also works as its bellhop, cook, and repairman.
- Nina Doozy (voiced by Leigh-Allyn Baker) is Dandelion Doozy's aunt.
- Dandelion Doozy (voiced by Leigh-Allyn Baker) is Nina Doozy's niece.
- Grandpa Beagle (voiced by Héctor Elizondo) is the grandfather of Billy Beagle who is into extreme sports much to Billy's dismay.
- Emmy Lou (voiced by Kate Micucci) is a female beagle who first appeared working as the first mate of Captain Peterson. In "Hi Jinx," Emmy Lou moves into the apartment that is across from the Happy Helpers' office and gets Jinx as a pet.
- Mrs. Sweetums (voiced by Hoda Kotb in "Super Sweet Helpers," Tress MacNeille in "Cuckoo in Hot Dog Hills!") is the proprietor of the candy store Sweetums' Sweets.
- Jimbo (voiced by Fred Stoller) is Pete's nephew.
- Mama Pete (voiced by Elayne Boosler) is the mother of Pete.
- GramQuacker Lily (voiced by Tress MacNeille) is Daisy's grandmother.
- Uncle Manny (voiced by Richard Kind) is Donald's uncle.
- Lisa Longtree (voiced by Leigh-Allyn Baker)
- Coach Hannah (voiced by Leigh-Allyn Baker)
- Fiona Featherstone (voiced by Leigh-Allyn Baker)
- Portia DeHound (voiced by Leigh-Allyn Baker)
- Jasper (voiced by Maulik Pancholy) is the Pet Store owner.
- Uncle Goof (voiced by Bill Farmer) is Goofy's uncle.
Characters in international locations
The following characters reside in international locations that Team Mickey visits for their events:
- José Carioca (voiced by Rob Paulsen) and Panchito Pistoles (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui) are Donald’s friends and members the band the Three Cabarallos.
- Queen Elizabeth II (voiced by Jane Leeves) is in this show, Queen Elizabeth is depicted as a female mouse.
- Auntie Olina (voiced by Tia Carrere) is a female friend of Team Mickey who resides in Hawaii.
- Leilani (voiced by Megan Richie) is the daughter of Olina.
- Grandpa Kai (voiced by Jim Cummings) is the father of Olina and grandfather of Leilani. In "Grandpa vs. Grandpa," it is revealed that Kai had a rivalry with Grandpa Beagle.
- William "Willie" Bartholomew Beagle (voiced by Steve Valentine) is a male British announcer for British events that Mickey and his friends take part in.
- Dr. Waddleton Crutchley (voiced by Peter Serafinowicz in "Tea Time Trouble!," Stephen Fry in "Shenannygans!") is male resident of London who teaches people how to act like gentlemen.
- Chef Pierre la Pierre (voiced by Jon Curry) is a male chef in Paris, France who is good friends with Mickey.
- Chef Celeste (voiced by Marieve Herington)
- Cuckoo La-La (voiced by Nika Futterman) is a female fashion designer in Paris, France who is Cuckoo-Loca's cousin.
- Almanda de Quack (voiced by Camilla Belle) is Daisy's cousin from Brazil.
- Heidi (voiced by Leigh-Allyn Baker)
The first season of Mickey and the Roadster Racers debuted on Disney Junior in the United States on January 15, 2017. The series also aired on Disney Junior in Canada on January 24, Disney Junior in Australia on March 17, Disney Junior in Asia on March 24, Disney Junior in the UK and Ireland on April 19, Disney Junior in South Africa on April 22 and Disney Channel in India on May 15.
The first release, entitled "Mickey and the Roadster Racers" was released on DVD on March 7, 2017. "Minnie's Happy Helpers" was released on July 25, 2017, with the release themed around the Minnie and Daisy subplots. "Disney Junior Holiday" was released on October 23, 2018. "Minnie Bow Be Mine" was released on February 5, 2019.
The first season of Mickey and the Roadster Racers received mixed to positive reviews. Common Sense Media rated the series a 3 out of 5 stars, stating "Fast-paced racing fun in community-minded series."
Awards and nominations
||Recipients and nominees
||Music + Sound Awards
||Best Sound Design: Television Programme
||Best Animated Television/Broadcast Production for Preschool Children
||Mickey and the Roadster Racers
|Daytime Emmy Awards
||Outstanding Sound Editing in a Preschool Animated Program
||Brad Meyer, Kate Finan and James Singleton
||NAMIC Vision Awards
||Mickey Mouse: Mixed-Up Adventures
Chip 'n Dale's Nutty Tales
Chip 'n Dale's Nutty Tales is a spin-off series which premiered in November 13, 2017. It aired in the daytime Disney Junior programming block for younger audiences. The plot revolves around Chip and Dale venturing and helping their friends in Hot Dog Hills. They interact with various characters from Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures.