Current logo of the series, which is currently used for print
|Also known as||Pyjamasques (French)|
|Created by||Romuald Racioppo|
|Based on||Les Pyjamasques|
by Romuald Racioppo
- Christian De Vita
- Wilson Dos Santos
- Florante Mari Villareal
- Chad V. Vidanes
- Roman Lutterotti
- Addison Holley
- Benjamin Hum
- Simon Pirso
- Jacob Soley
- Brianna Daguanno
|Theme music composer|
|Country of origin|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||101 (and 44 shorts) (list of episodes)|
- Olivier Dumont
- Laura Clunie
- Beth Gardiner
- Guillaume Hellouin
- Corinne Kouper
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Original network||France 5 (France)|
Disney Junior (Worldwide)
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|First shown in||United States|
|Original release||September 18, 2015 –|
PJ Masks (French: Pyjamasques) is a French-British interactive computer-animated superhero children's television series produced by Frog Box, Entertainment One UK Limited, Walt Disney EMEA Productions Limited and TeamTO, with the participation of France Télévisions and Disney Junior. The series is based on the Les Pyjamasques book series by Romuald Racioppo. Disney Channels Worldwide's Disney Junior channels broadcast PJ Masks worldwide, while France 5 airs the series in its original home country of France; it also airs on Tiny Pop in the UK, ABC Kids in Australia, RAI YoYo in Italy, TV Cultura in Brazil, and Televisa in Mexico.
The series debuted on Disney Junior in the United States on 18 September 2015, on France 5 on 18 December 2015 and on Disney Junior in Canada on 7 February 2016. In June 2016, a second season was announced; it began airing on 15 January 2018. On 19 April 2019, the first episode of the third season was aired. The fourth season was announced to air in April 2020, but instead it aired on 15 May 2020, possibly due to the COVID-19 pandemic which reduced Entertainment One's produced/acquired television half-hour content from 339 (2019) to 276 (2020) for the second quarter. In January 2020, PJ Masks was renewed for a fifth season forecast to be aired in 2021, with production shooting already scheduled between 1 April 2020 to 1 April 2021.
On 30 December 2019, Hasbro acquired Entertainment One for a $3.8 billion deal, making the series the first Disney Junior show to be under the ownership of Hasbro, even though Just Play still makes toys for the show.
Amaya, Greg, and Connor become the superhero team PJ Masks when night falls in order to fight enemies and rivals such as Romeo, Luna Girl, Night Ninja, The Wolfy Kids, Motsuki, Octobella, Pharaoh Boy and Munki-Gu to keep them from ruining people's day. Amaya becomes Owlette (an owl), Greg becomes Gekko (a lizard), and Connor becomes Catboy (a cat).
PJ Masks (known as "PJs" for short) is the titular superhero team that fights crime at night to keep it from ruining people's days.
- Connor / Catboy (voiced by Jacob Ewaniuk in Season 1, Jacob Ursomarzo in Season 2-"Best Friends Forever", and Roman Lutterotti in "Meet An Yu"-present) – Connor is a blue-eyed boy with brown hair. When he transforms, he wears a blue cat costume. His powers include super speed, super sensitive hearing, high jump, and strikes.
- Amaya / Owlette (voiced by Addison Holley) – Amaya is a brown-eyed bespectacled girl. She has dark brown hair with a pink, wing-shaped hair clip. When she transforms she wears a red owl costume. Her powers include nighttime vision, the ability to fly, the ability to make a strong gust of wind from her wings, and super feathers.
- Greg / Gekko (voiced by Kyle Harrison Breitkopf in Season 1-Season 3 and the short films and Benjamin Hum in "HQ Tour" and Season 4-present) – Greg is a green-eyed, blonde-haired boy. When he transforms, he wears a green lizard costume with a thick reptilian tail and fins on top of his head. His powers are super strength, invisibility (though some may see him by noticing irregularities in the background), sticking on walls for scaling, and shields.
- PJ Robot (voiced by Juan Luis Bonilla) – A robot who is in charge of the PJ Masks' HQ. Originally created by Romeo to spy on the heroes, but defected and switched sides.
- Teeny Weeny Ninjalino (actor unknown) – A tiny and cute ninja from "Catboy and the Teeny Weeny Ninjalino", who was supposed to spy on the PJ Masks but won Owlette and Gekko's affection.
- Armadylan (voiced by Max Calinescu in Season 2-"Armadylan Zen", Cristian Perri in Season 3 "Arma-Leader" - "Gekko Everywhere", Avery Esteves in Season 4 "Master Fang's Secret"-"Gekko Vs Armavillain", and Christian Campbell in Season 4 "Octobella's Garden"-present) – A strong armadillo-like boy who wants to be a hero, but his inexperience causes him to mess up, especially when he can't control his anger when some villains trick him. His abilities include super strength, producing earthquakes, and converting to a ball to roll on surfaces or travel underground.
- An Yu (voiced by Kari Wong) – A samurai girl who uses her bo staff as a weapon or to fly; it also turns into a magic flute and all of it is the source of her powers. She lives in an Oriental-themed forest which can only be entered through portals, anytime she leaves the forest her powers will be gone however she is not completely defenseless without her powers as she can also be martial acrobatic. She has also been trapped inside the Dragon Gong for 1,000 years and turned into an actual dragon and the cause of all of it is currently unknown.
- Lionel (actor unknown) – A small gekko who is the pet of Gekko, he normally appears when the PJ Masks are transforming.
- Newton / Newton Star (voiced by Shomoy James Mitchell) - A space boy who emerges from a freak asteroid accident. The PJ Masks first met him in space. He also appears in daytime as a bespectacled boy and hang's out in the Museum's Library. His powers includes shields, surfing with asteroids, creating white orbs, and the ability of flight and breathe in space without any special gear.
- Romeo (voiced by Alex Thorne in Season 1, Carter Thorne in the short films and Season 2-"Owlette Slips Up", Simon Pirso in "Motsuki the Best"-present) – A mad scientist who plans on world domination with all the inventions he creates, and the main antagonist in the series. Romeo has two robotic assistants, Robot (voiced by Ron Pardo) and Robette (voiced by Kirrilee Berger).
- Luna Girl (voiced by Brianna D'Aguanno) – A moon-themed villain with platinum blond hair who lives in a palace on the moon. In "Best Friends Forever", it is revealed that her Luna Magnet powers give her the power to breathe in space. Her main weapons are her Luna Magnet and Luna Board that she uses as a mode of transportation.
- Motsuki (voiced by Hattie Kragten) - An anthropomorphic moth whom Luna Girl regards as a little sister. Originally unnamed and one of Luna Girl's army of small moths, Motsuki was granted a special position among her fellow minions as well as a name by her big sister. She was later cocooned in crystal where she evolved into her current form as well as developing the ability of speech. The moths (voice actors unknown in Season 1-2 and Hattie Kragten in Season 3 - present) seems to like her as their leader than Luna Girl.
- Night Ninja (voiced by Trek Buccino in Season 1, Devan Cohen in the short films and Season 2-"Do the Gekko" and Jacob Soley in "Armadylan, Action Hero"-present) – A ninja who leads a pack of Ninjalinos (actors unknown), and is the third main villain of the series. He uses partially dried latex balls called Sticky Splats to trap his opponents, and smoke bombs to teleport to place to another. He is also acrobatic and can perform telekinesis.
- The Wolfy Kids (usually referred to as "the Wolfies") – Rip (voiced by Shechinah Mpumlwana), Howler (voiced by Kaden Stephen in Season 2-"Wolfies of the Pagoda" and Matthew Mucci in "Munki-gu in the City"-present), and Kevin (voiced by Ethan Pugiotto) are a trio of werewolf siblings who like to cause mischief. Their only power is shouting out red energy rings which would blow away things in a gale-like fashion.
- Octobella (voiced by Michela Luci) – An octopus-girl who lives in her lair in the moat. Upon meeting the PJ Masks at first, she appears interested in becoming friends with them. But when she learned that Gekko obtained a crystal from her abode and develop some powers, she sees them as thieves, and becomes their enemy. Her abilities include throwing underwater tornadoes, invisibility, making various spells using crystals, hypnotizing people to play using glowing orbs, sonic scream, and giving others the ability to breathe underwater. Her henchman is Percival (actor unknown), a mumbling lobster.
- Munki-gu (voiced by Daniel Pathan) – A mischievous little monkey who loves to cause troubles, playing, and pranking on others. He was once zapped into a stone statue for 1,000 years by the sourcer as a punishment for being too naughty, however, he was freed by Gecko after he patted on the his head 3 times by accident. His powers includes imitating other people's voices, flying with his magical boots, and pulling out infinite amount of bananas out of nowhere.
- Pharaoh Boy (voiced by Logan Nicholson) - A mystical king who came through a portal discovered in the museum. When he first met the PJ Masks, he started to be bossy towards them and take control of their powers and do what he wants them to do using his staff of Ra, and his Staff of Ra is the source of his powers, just like An Yu's bo staff, but unlike An Yu, he has his powers work everywhere and never loses them. Just like Romeo, he also plans on world domination.
PJ Masks is a British/French coproduction by Entertainment One, Frog Box, and TeamTO. The series was renewed for a second season consisting of 52 11-minute segments in June 2016; it premiered on 15 January 2018. The series was renewed for a third season on 22 January 2018; originally meant to premiere in June 2019, it instead premiered on 19 April that same year. A fourth season premiered on 15 May 2020. The fifth season is in production as of 28 January 2020, and will be released in spring 2021.
Seasons of PJ Masks are currently available worldwide on the Disney+ and Netflix streaming services.
||Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4
||Seasons 1/2: 12 November 2019 (launch)|
Season 3: 26 June 2020
|DisneyNow (United States only)
||Season 4: 15 May 2020
||Seasons 1 & 2
||Season 1: 1 September 2017|
Season 2: 15 January 2020