|Hubs||Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport|
|Parent company||Juneyao Airlines|
|Headquarters||Guangzhou, Guangdong, China|
9 Air Co., Ltd., operating as 9 Air, (Chinese: 九元航空; pinyin: Jiǔyuán Hángkōng; Wade–Giles: Chiu3-yüan2 Hang2-k'ung1; Jyutping: gau2 jyun4 hong4 hung1) is a Chinese low-cost airline headquartered in Baiyun District, Guangzhou, China. 9 Air was created as a subsidiary of Juneyao Airlines in 2014.
9 Air is the first and only low-cost airline in Central and Southern China, with Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport as the main operating base. It successfully launched its first flight on December 2, 2014, and officially started commercial operations on January 15, 2015.
Juneyao Airlines currently owns 95.24% shares of 9 Air Co Ltd and the remainder 4.76% is owned by Ji Guangping.
9 Air's daily operations were initiated on 15 January 2015 for the route from Guangzhou – Wenzhou – Harbin.
On August 30, 2014, the first aircraft of 9 Air arrived in Guangzhou, a Boeing 737-8GP(WL) with tail number B-1715 leased from CMIG Aviation Leasing. The vertical tail was painted orange.
On July 15, 2016, Boeing delivered the first 9 Air-owned aircraft on the anniversary of Boeing's 100th birthday. For this Boeing 737-800, 9 Air and Boeing chose a special commemorative edition of gold tail livery.
On January 23, 2018, the 9 Air's Wi-Fi Internet service test on the Boeing 737 was successful. 9 Air becomes the first domestic airline to achieve in-flight Wi-Fi access on a narrow-body aircraft.
On October 30, 2018, the 17th new aircraft and the first B737MAX arrived in Guangzhou, tail number B-206J, and the vertical tail was painted in red.
On July 8, 2019, 9 Air launched a direct flight from Guangzhou to Sihanoukville, Cambodia, becoming the first Chinese airline operating this route. As of June 2020, 9 Air is no longer operating this route.
On March 17, 2020, 9 Air flew the first cargo charter flight between China and Myanmar, and received the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar's request for assistance. 9 Air flew flight AQ1359 Guangzhou-Yangon flight, delivering urgently needed materials to ensure the normal operation and stability of the local Chinese business plants and overseas Chinese workers. On March 19, 2020, four rescue flights were dispatched from Shenzhen and Guangzhou, and 573 Hubei citizens who were stranded in Thailand were able to return home safely.
On March 31, 2020, 9 Air successfully obtained the cabin cargo operation qualification from CAAC.
9 Air offers all-economy seating across its fleet. The economy cabin includes extra leg room seats, the ability to buy on board meals, and non-alcoholic drinks.
9 Air serves the following destinations:
|China||Anshun||Anshun Huangguoshu Airport|
|Changchun||Changchun Longjia International Airport|
|Changsha||Changsha Huanghua International Airport|
|Dalian||Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport|
|Guangzhou||Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport||Hub|
|Guiyang||Guiyang Longdongbao International Airport|
|Haikou||Haikou Meilan International Airport|
|Harbin||Harbin Taiping International Airport|
|Hefei||Hefei Xinqiao International Airport|
|Hohhot||Hohhot Baita International Airport|
|Lanzhou||Lanzhou Zhongchuan International Airport|
|Nanchang||Nanchang Changbei International Airport|
|Nanjing||Nanjing Lukou International Airport|
|Nanning||Nanning Wuxu International Airport|
|Ningbo||Ningbo Lishe International Airport|
|Qianjiang||Qianjiang Wulingshan Airport|
|Sanya||Sanya Phoenix International Airport|
|Shaoyang||Shaoyang Wugang Airport|
|Shenyang||Shenyang Taoxian International Airport|
|Tianjin||Tianjin Binhai International Airport|
|Urumqi||Urumqi Diwopu International Airport|
|Wenzhou||Wenzhou Longwan International Airport|
|Wuhan||Wuhan Tianhe International Airport|
|Wuxi||Sunan Shuofang International Airport|
|Xi'an||Xi'an Xianyang International Airport|
|Xishuangbanna||Xishuangbanna Gasa Airport|
|Yanji||Yanji Chaoyangchuan International Airport|
|Yantai||Yantai Penglai International Airport|
|Yichang||Yichang Sanxia Airport|
|Zhengzhou||Zhengzhou Xinzheng International Airport|
|Japan||Osaka||Kansai International Airport|||
|Myanmar||Mandalay||Mandalay International Airport|
|Yangon||Yangon International Airport|
As of June 2023[update], 9 Air operates an all-Boeing fleet consisting of the following aircraft:
|Boeing 737 MAX 8||1||4||189|
Postal Code：510470 Address: No.1 Lukouzibian, Xicheng Village, Renhe Town, Baiyun District, Guangzhou, Guangdong, PRC.
Postal Code：510470 Address: No.1 Lukouzibian, Xicheng Village, Renhe Town, Baiyun District, Guangzhou, Guangdong, PRC.- Address in Chinese: "广东省广州市白云区人和镇方华公路自编1号 邮编：510470"