Erky and Perky
|Created by||David Gurney|
|Directed by||David Webster|
Melissa Jane Shaw
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||39 (78 segments) (list of episodes)|
- Michael Boughen
Christopher Mapp (Seasons 2–3)
Charles Falzon (Season 3)
- For YTV:
Bonita Siegel (seasons 1–2)
Delia Leandres (seasons 1–2)
Coral Schoug (season 3)
Avrill Stark (creative producer; seasons 1–2)
Mandy Fanning (seasons 1–2)
Barbara Stephen (season 3)
Tracy Lenon (season 3)
|Running time||approx. 22 Minutes|
|Production companies||CCI Entertainment|
The LaB Sydney
|Original network||Seven Network (Australia)|
Nicktoons, CBBC, CITV and Nickelodeon (United Kingdom)
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Original release||7 September 2006 –|
7 December 2009
Erky Perky is an animated television program on YTV developed by CCI Entertainment and Ambience Entertainment, with CGI animation by Australian Visual Effects company The LaB Sydney. It follows two bickering, dim-witted insects, Erky and Perky, who live at a hot dog stand before accidentally being taken to a house. They try to settle into the house, living with fellow house bugs, and hunting for food in a very clean kitchen.
Two bugs, the Scottish-accented Erky, and his friend, the cowardly and impressionable Perky, live an idyllic life on a downtown hot dog stand, a cornucopia of crumbs, relish and wieners. They live the high life until one day they are swept away in a take-out bag and end up in a sterile suburban kitchen with no food in sight. The two bickering, dim-witted and lazy bugs are forced to survive in the new and scary "Land of Kitchen". Every day, they are obsessed with finding food, and eventually finding their way home to "Hot Dog Stand". Their quests are almost always befouled by 'Mad' Margaret, the self-appointed ruler of Kitchen, and her 'sidekick' Cecil.
- Erquhart "Erky" Windsor (Jason Barr) is a Scottish-accented bug who normally takes Perky for granted and makes him try to get food in a dangerous scheme. He is blue with yellow spots. It was revealed in the episode "Perky vs. McBuggy Z" that he is a natural born rapper and dancer.
- Percival "Perky" Rosenberg (Neil Crone) is Erky's friend and partner. He is very cowardly and very weak. It was made quite obvious that Perky has a crush on Margaret's niece, Sajuica. He is yellow with blue spots.
- Cecil (Adrian Truss) appears to be somewhat smitten with the tyrant Margaret, despite being a tenth her size, becoming extremely jealous of her having affairs with newcomer Pablomo, and Erky (when he was under the influence of the Love Crumb).
- Mad Margaret (Judy Marshak) is the self-appointed ruler of the kitchen, and usually stops Erky and Perky's plans and when they find food, she generally steals it.
- Sajuica (Melissa Jane Shaw) is Mad Margaret's niece and apparently the "babe" of the kitchen, attracting flies, and being flirty. Even the childish Stinks (named for his flight-inducing farts) thinks she is "fine." She fancies Perky.
- Frenzel (Ron Rubin): While Stinks may be smart, it's another bug named Frenzel who takes the cake (literally) when it comes to devising food-getting plans. He always has profitable schemes on the go, preying on other bugs' naiveté or weaknesses to get himself ahead. Often, Perky is the one suffering, being a very gullible and trusting bug. An example of this is when Frenzel was showing young bugs the dangers of Kitchen, and for the final show he tricked Perky into being the German-accented spider, Delilah's 'dinner', not telling the frightened bug that it was all an act, and that there wasn't really any danger (unlike most of Frenzel's plans).
- Moldy van Oldy (Keith Knight seasons 1–2, Rob Greenway season 3) is a senile old bug, Moldy van Oldy, who loves to talk and talk for hours, sometimes about actual events, sometimes nothing more than senseless ramblings. One true story he did tell, however, was the tale of Margaret's acquired hydrophobia. When she was about Sajuica's age, and living in an outdoor garden (along with Moldy and presumably other bugs as well), Margaret was sprayed with water from a hose, getting knocked out of the air.
- Stinks (Annick Obonsawin seasons 1–2, Stacey Depass season 3) A running gag is that Stinks would appear whenever anyone said his 'name' (or any other word that sounds similar, such as thinks); often this happens when they are bemoaning some misfortune ('This stinks').
- Delilah (Dana Brooks) is a German-accent spider who tells fortunes.
- Boof (Carter Hayden) is Frenzel's assistant; he is a digger bug and was born from an egg that Perky found.
- The Grand Armandor (Andrew Pifko) is Margaret's personal wing and purse designer.
Additional voices provided by Danny Wells, John Stocker, Linda Sorenson, Lawrence Bayne, Rick Miller, Robin Duke and Robert Tinkler.