This article does not cite any sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.Find sources: "ISO 4157" – news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR (August 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
ISO 4157 is an ISO standard for construction drawings and designation systems.
It is composed of 3 parts:
- ISO 4157-1:1998 "Construction drawings -- Designation systems -- Part 1: Buildings and parts of buildings"
- ISO 4157-2:1998 "Construction drawings -- Designation systems -- Part 2: Room names and numbers"
- ISO 4157-3:1998 "Construction drawings -- Designation systems -- Part 3: Room identifiers"
- Floor n: is the horizontal partition between storey n and storey (n+1). The floor in storey 5 is named as floor 4.
- Room: identifiable physical space (area or volume, space or void) real or theoretical, although not necessary a traditional room (i.e., enclosed by walls, ceiling and floor).
- Room identifiers: registration number of spaces:
- Room numbers: numbers (code) of rooms
00 Ground floor
05 5th floor
-2 2nd basement floor
#0215 2nd floor, room 15