Welcome to Wikipedia! This page lists some locations where you can ask questions or make comments. Once you have chosen an appropriate place to ask your question, follow the instructions on how to post your question. A helpful volunteer will answer your question shortly. Please note that misplaced questions may not be answered quickly.
See the request directory for a comprehensive directory of interactive services and assistance that can be requested on Wikipedia.
Comments about specific articles
- Each article has its own talk page to ask questions or make constructive comments regarding its content, when you're viewing the article, just click on the Talk tab at the top of the page. Bear in mind, however, that Wikipedia is not a forum for discussion about the topics of articles – comments should be limited to the article's content.
Questions about using and contributing to Wikipedia
Your question might have already been answered in the frequently asked questions. Otherwise:
- The Teahouse is a friendly space for new editors to ask questions with answers from experienced editors.
- The help desk is the main place for asking questions and also where to turn when all else fails.
- The village pump is the forum for discussion of Wikipedia's more complex project-wide technical issues, policies, proposals, and operations.
- Media copyright questions covers the use of images and other media on Wikipedia.
Live chat help
- For assistance with Wikipedia-related queries (not general factual questions), you can join the #wikipedia-en-help IRC chat room for live assistance.
Personal help on your talk page
- The reference desk is like a library reference desk where you can ask questions about any topic, except Wikipedia itself. The editors there will try to answer your questions or point you in the direction of the information you need.
e.g. "What country has the world's largest fishing fleet?"
- The reference desk is divided into several subject areas:
- Computing – Entertainment – Language – Humanities – Mathematics – Science
- If you're unsure of the exact area, use Miscellaneous.
- Contact us is a page that describes how and where to contact Wikipedia directly for a variety of reasons.