TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
FormerlyTVN Grupa Discovery (2018–2022)
Company typeSubsidiary
Founded6 March 2018; 5 years ago (2018-03-06)
HeadquartersMedia Business Centre, ,
Key people
ParentWarner Bros. Discovery International
DivisionsTVN Group
Footnotes / references

TVN Warner Bros. Discovery (formerly known as TVN Grupa Discovery) is a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Discovery that operates television channels and services in Poland. It operates the TVN Group, a media company acquired by Scripps Networks Interactive, which later got bought by Discovery, Inc.

With the merger of WarnerMedia with Discovery, Inc., and the restructuration of its international business, the company's Polish assets, instead of being under Warner Bros. Discovery EMEA control, were left under its own subsidiary under control of Kasia Kieli, which is also president of TVN Group.[2][4]



TVN Group, a Polish media company founded on 1995, was acquired by Scripps Networks Interactive in 2015; first a 52.7% majority stake on March,[5][6] and the remaining stake owned by ITI Group and Canal+ Group on July.[7]

In December 2016, Discovery, Inc. bought a 49% stake on Metro, a recently launched television channel by Agora.[8] In August 2017, Discovery announced that it would buy the remaining 51% stock, gaining complete ownership over the channel.[9]


On March 6, 2018, Scripps was acquired by Discovery,[10] which led to the latter to expand its Polish business. Since then, Discovery merged its localized global networks under TVN Group control.

In 2022, after Discovery completed its merger with WarnerMedia, Kasia Kieli was named president for the group operations in Poland (also being named CEO of TVN Group), noting that Warner Bros. Discovery EMEA had no oversight over operations in the country, making it a separate entity under Warner Bros. Discovery International.[2][4]

On July 7, 2022, Edward Miszczak, programming director at TVN since its beginnings and member of the board of directors of the company announced its departure, with a transition period in which he will be the director of the newly created programming division at TVN Warner Bros. Discovery.[3]

Local assets


Other assets

Global assets

Regional assets



  1. ^ Poland, TVN24 (March 6, 2018). "Discovery is finalizing the acquisition of Scripps Networks Interactive, the owner of TVN". TVN24.((cite web)): CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
  2. ^ a b c Middleton, Richard (April 21, 2022). "Warner Bros. Discovery names int'l team, as Priya Dogra, James Gibbons & Anil Jhingan take new roles". TBI Vision. Archived from the original on June 12, 2022. Retrieved May 29, 2022.
  3. ^ a b "Edward Miszczak żegna się z TVN. Będzie też nowa struktura organizacyjna". TVN24. June 7, 2022. Archived from the original on June 12, 2022. Retrieved June 12, 2022.
  4. ^ a b Zielińska, Urszula (April 21, 2022). "WarnerBros. Discovery w Polsce samodzielnym bytem. Są zmiany w kierownictwie TVN". Rzecpospolita. Archived from the original on June 12, 2022. Retrieved June 4, 2022.
  5. ^ "Scripps buys majority stake in TVN". C21media. March 16, 2015. Retrieved August 3, 2017.
  6. ^ "Scripps Networks Interactive sfinalizował przejęcie TVN". Tvn24. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
  7. ^ Dickens, Andrew (July 2, 2015). "Scripps completes TVN purchase". C21media. Archived from the original on June 12, 2022. Retrieved August 3, 2017.
  8. ^ "Discovery kupuje 49% udziałów w Metro". December 9, 2016. Archived from the original on June 12, 2022.
  9. ^ "Discovery przejmie od Agory telewizję Metro". August 21, 2017. Archived from the original on June 12, 2022.
  10. ^ Szalai, Georg (March 6, 2018). "Discovery Closes Scripps Acquisition, Creating Non-scripted Content Giant". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 6, 2018.