|Iginio Straffi (Founder/CEO)|
|Products||Television series, films|
Paramount Global (30%, 2011–2023)
|Parent||Paramount Media Networks (30%, 2011–2023)|
Gruppo Iven S.p.A.
Moviement Talent Agency
Rainbow S.p.A. is an Italian studio founded by Iginio Straffi. Viacom (now known as Paramount Global) became a co-owner of the studio in 2011. Rainbow has collaborated with Viacom/Paramount's other company, Nickelodeon, on multiple shows, including Winx Club and Club 57. The studio is based in Loreto, Marche and was founded by Straffi in 1995. Rainbow began as an animation studio, providing creative services for larger companies until it secured enough funds for original productions.
In February 2011, Viacom purchased 30% of the company for 62 million euros (US$83 million), leaving the remaining 70% to Iginio Straffi. Viacom's Nickelodeon networks broadcast Rainbow's shows worldwide and Rainbow acts as the licensing agent for Nickelodeon's shows in Italy. Nickelodeon's American studios have also collaborated with Rainbow on several productions, including Winx Club from 2011 to 2015 and Club 57 in 2019.
In 2015, Rainbow purchased fellow animation studio Bardel Entertainment. In 2017, Rainbow acquired a majority stake in Gruppo Iven S.p.A., which owns the production company Colorado Film.
In April 2018, Straffi and Viacom listed the company on the Italian stock exchange. The listing followed years of consideration regarding which country's stock market to enter (the United States or Italy). According to Straffi, this presented "a real dilemma" as Viacom was already listed on an American stock exchange, but Rainbow performed best in European countries. Straffi and Viacom withdrew Rainbow from the stock market in May 2018, citing a lack of suitable market conditions.
After almost 12 years of co-ownership, Paramount sold its stake back to Straffi in January 2023. While Nickelodeon will continue to be a broadcast partner for the studio, the purchase allows Straffi full control of Rainbow's new projects. The buyout does not affect the seasons of Winx Club that Nickelodeon produced, as the copyright is still registered to Paramount.
|Tommy e Oscar||2000–2002||Rai Fiction|
|Winx Club||2004–2019||Rai Fiction (seasons 1-7)|
Nickelodeon (seasons 5-7)
Rai Ragazzi (season 8)
|Monster Allergy||2005–2009||Rai Fiction|
|Huntik: Secrets & Seekers||2009–2012||RTI|
|Mia and Me||2012–2015||M4E|
|Crazy Block (pilot)||2014||Nickelodeon|
|Regal Academy||2016–2018||Rai Fiction|
|Maggie & Bianca: Fashion Friends||2016–2017||Rai Fiction|
Nickelodeon (pilot only)
|World of Winx||Rai Fiction|
|Eccezionale veramente||Colorado Film|
|44 Cats||2018–2021||Rai Ragazzi|
Institute of Antoniano
|Club 57||2019–2021||Rai Ragazzi|
|Enjoy - Ridere fa bene||2020||RTI|
|Fate: The Winx Saga||2021–2022||Archery Pictures|
Young Blood Productions
|Summer & Todd: Happy Farmers||2021–present||RTVE|
|Pinocchio and Friends||Rai Ragazzi|
Toonz Media Group
|Tommy and Oscar: The Movie||2007||Miramax||Rai Cinema|
|Winx Club: The Secret of the Lost Kingdom||01 Distribution
|Winx Club 3D: Magical Adventure||2010||Medusa Film
|Gladiators of Rome||2012||Mediaset PremiumSky Cinema|
|Winx Club: The Mystery of the Abyss||2014||01 Distribution
|Tiro libero||2017||Linfa Crowd 2.0||Linfa Crowd 2.0|
|Classe Z||Medusa Film||Medusa Film|
|The Girl in the Fog|
|Daughter of Mine||2018||01 Distribution||Rai Cinema|
|My Big Gay Italian Wedding||Medusa Film||Medusa Film|
|When Mom Is Away|
|Into the Labyrinth|
|Me contro Te - Il film: La vendetta del Signor S||2020||Warner Bros.||Warner Bros.|
|Cambio tutto!||Medusa Film
Amazon Prime Video
|10 giorni con Babbo Natale|
|Me contro Te - Il film: Il mistero della scuola incantata||2021||Warner Bros.||Warner Bros.|
|A Classic Horror Story||Netflix||Colorado Film|
|My Name is Vendetta|
|Me contro Te - Il film: Persi nel tempo||2022||Warner Bros.||Warner Bros.|
|Il mammone||Medusa Film||Medusa Film|
|Il pataffio||01 Distribution||Rai Cinema
|The Price of Family||Netflix||Colorado Film|
|Tre di troppo||2023||Warner Bros.||Warner Bros.|
|Me contro Te - Il film: Missione Giungla|
Rainbow founded Tridimensional, a magazine publishing division, in 2004. A 3D animation division, Rainbow CGI, was formed in 2006. Rainbow also established Witty Toys, a toy division, in 2008.
In 2011, 16 years after Straffi founded Rainbow, Viacom gained 30 percent ownership of the animation division... for 62 million euro ($83 million), thus valuing the company at $277 million.
Rome: The shares will be put on sale by Straffi and Viacom Holdings Italia.
The Rainbow studio based in Loreto, Marche, 30% of which belongs to Viacom, decided to go public... However, investors have not responded with the awaited enthusiasm
Winx Club is a co-production with Rainbow S.p.A. and Nickelodeon.