Black Belt of Alabama – 18 counties in Alabama, a total of 52% African-American population.
- Arcadia, Maricopa County, Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona
- Catalina Foothills, Tucson, Pima County, Arizona
- Cave Creek, Maricopa County
- Chandler , Maricopa County Southeast of Phoenix, next to Gilbert
- Dunbar Spring Tucson, Pima County, Arizona
- Fountain Hills Maricopa County, Greater Phoenix Metro and Scottsdale
- Gilbert, Maricopa County
- Glendale, Maricopa County
- Goodyear, Maricopa County
- Marana, Pima County, Northwest of Tucson
- Paradise Valley Maricopa County
- Maryvale Phoenix
- Mesa, Maricopa County, between Gilbert and Scottsdale, Arizona
- Oro Valley Pima County, Arizona
- Queen Creek Maricopa County and Pinal County
- Randolph Pinal County
- Scottsdale Maricopa County
- Tempe, Maricopa County, Arizona
Cross Roads, Arkansas
Helena and West Helena
Allensworth in Tulare County (historical)
West Anaheim – formerly Manchester Avenue. Now along Magnolia Street.
- Southwest Bakersfield
Blacks Beach, Santa Monica (historic).
Bruce's Beach, Manhattan Beach (historic).
Woodland Park, Chula Vista
East Palo Alto – one of Silicon Valley's largest Black percentage cities, declined from a Black majority or plurality in 1970s and 1980s (17% from 2010)
Folsom (historic Negro Bar).
- Edison (Southwest Fresno)
Hayward – communities found in Jackson Triangle, North Hayward, and Upper B Street areas.
Los Angeles County
- Aliso Viejo Orange County, California
- Dana Point Orange County, California
- Irvine Orange County, California
- Laguna Beach Orange County, California
- Laguna Niguel Orange County, California
- Lake Forest Orange County, California
- Mission Viejo Orange County, California
- Newport Beach Balboa Peninsula, Newport Harbor, Orange County, California
- San Clemente Orange County, California
- Santa Ana Orange County, California
- Sky Valley Orange County, California
- Yorba Linda, Orange County, California
Pasadena (esp southwest side and South Pasadena)
- Blaine Park.
- East Side Riverside – along University and Chicago Avenues.
- North End Riverside.
- Raincross Square – downtown.
- University City.
- University Heights.
San Bernardino area –
- Downtown San Bernardino.
- Indian Springs, near Seccombe Lake Park.
- Mount Vernon Avenue.
- University District, San Bernardino (Kendall Farms and North Park).
- Waterman-North End.
- West Side San Bernardino.
San Diego area-
Bristol Street, McFadden Avenue, Raitt Street and Santa Ana Boulevard in Santa Ana
Santa Rosa - South Park (historic), and Black/Eritrean communities in Northcoast Street/Piner Road area
- Downtown Stockton
Suisun City (20%) – Solano County.
Val Verde resort (historic).
- Lincoln Heights (mostly burned down in September 2022 fire; parts of Weed have some Black residents but fewer compared to mid-20th century when most of the Black community worked on the railroads).
Mono Lake and nearby Bishop, Mammoth Lakes and Round Valley developed large Black percentages near the NV state line. Blythe, Big River, Havasu and Needles near the AZ state line. And towards Oregon (Siskiyou county) and the Mexican border (Imperial valley)
- Southeast Colorado Springs
San Miguel County
North End, Hartford
Peaking at 75% black in the mid-1970s after five previous decades of the Great Migration increased the black population five-fold, DC is 46–49% black in 2018. DC remains the largest African-American percentage population of any state or territory in the mainland US.
East Dunbar, Fort Myers
* New Tampa, Florida
Miami and Miami-Dade County
Kendall Green, Pompano Beach
Palm Beach County
Prospect Bluff Historic Sites
Fort Mose Historic State Park, St. Augustine
Sea Islands (northern coast), home to the Gullah and Geechee peoples (African creoles).
St. Johns County
Carver Ranches, West Park
Atlanta - majority African-American.
Sea Islands (southern coast), home to the Gullah and Geechee peoples (African creoles).
- South Side
- West Side
- North Side
St. Clair County
Washington Township, Randolph County (outside Lynn – 1% while it's higher outside Lynn)
Quad Cities area
Cherokee Township (Weir, Kansas)
Kansas City, Kansas
Morton City, Kansas ("Exoduster" historic site)
Paducah – While the city itself is about 25% African American, the city school district's high school is about 50% African American.
Acadiana region in Louisiana has several historically African-American majority towns.
Black Belt of Louisiana - Bobtown, Mossville, St. Maurice and Washington.
Mississippi Delta region.
Kennedy Park, Portland
Anne Arundel County
Berry Road area (MD route 228).
Prince George's County
Ridge near St. Inigoes
St. Mary's County
Other places in MA
Benton Harbor – site of 2003 riots
- Bloomfield Village
- Charing Cross
- Oak Grove
Warren – est. 15–20%.
- River Court
Black Belt of Mississippi – Large African-American majority region.
Clarksdale - 68% black
Davis Bend, Mississippi/Louisiana.
Falcon – 98% black.
- Queens-Magnolia Terrace
- Shady Oaks
- Stadium Side
- Presidential Hills
- Virden Addition
- Washington Addition
Leland - 2/3 of the town is black.
Mississippi Delta region.
Mound Bayou – 98% black.
St. Louis County
Omaha - most live in Northeast Omaha.
South Sioux City
- Centennial Hills North Las Vegas, Clark County
- Enterprise South Las Vegas, Clark County
- Green Valley South South Las Vegas, Clark County
- Henderson South Las Vegas, Clark County
- Lake Las Vegas South East Henderson, Las Vegas, Clark County
- MacDonald Ranch South East Las Vegas, Clark County
- Providence Las Vegas, North West Las Vegas, Clark County
- Skye Canyon North West Las Vegas, Clark County
- Southern Highlands South West Las Vegas, Clark County
- Spring Valley South West Las Vegas, Clark County
- Summerlin North West Las Vegas, Clark County
- The Lakes Las Vegas, Clark County
- Tulse Springs North Las Vegas, Clark County
- West Las Vegas
- North West Las Vegas - Master Planned Communities (21% black)
Blackdom (historical; currently a ghost town)
Clovis (some areas)
Hobbs (some areas)
- Oakwood Heights
- South Side
- West Mount Vernon
New York City
Poughkeepsie (site of 1927 race riot)
- 19th Ward
- Corn Hill
- Group 14621
- Marketview Heights
- Homestead Heights
- Northwest White Plains
- Fisher Hill, White Plains
Emorywoods Estate, Durham, North
Greensboro – 40.6% black, historic black city in the South since slavery, colonial times, Civil rights and the Civil war.
Kinston (62% black)
Crestdale Matthews Formerly Tank Town
Woodland (45/45% split black/white)
Oklahoma has a few surviving all-black or African-American majority towns as a result of the Land Rush of 1889, similar to the Exodusters after the Civil War (1860s) to nearby Kansas. One example is Freedom not to be confused with Freedom in the western half of the state.
"All-Black" settlements that were part of the Land Run of 1889.
Among the Oklahoma Territory all Black towns no longer in existence are Lincoln, Cimarron City, Bailey, Zion, Emanuel, Udora, and Douglas.
Bristow – 10% Black
Tahlequah East side
Tulsa – 15% black city
Turley – 20–25% Black
- City neighborhoods
- Federal Hill – developed sizable black population since the 1960s.
- Mount Hope
- South Providence
South Carolina is part of the Black Belt geological formation
Rock Hill (38.3%)
Sea Islands (South Carolina coast, home to the Gullah and Geechee peoples (African creoles).
- Rosewood Park
- Oak Springs
- University Hills
- Cavalier Park
- 11th Street
- Loyola Lane
- Johnny Morris
- Oak Springs
- Austin Colony
- Bastrop - Black population, 965 (9.96%) in 2020 Census
- Hornsby Bend - Black population, 2,208 (18.15%) in 2020 Census
- Hutto - Black population, 3,459 (12.54%) in 2020 Census
- Pflugerville - Black population, 9,624 (14.76%) in 2020 Census
- Round Rock - Black population, 11,552 (9.67%) in 2020 Census
- Wells Branch - Black population, 2,426 (17.33%) in 2020 Census
- Windemere - Black population, 16.82% in 2010 Census
Beaumont-Port Arthur-Orange (Golden Triangle area)
- Beaumont - Black population, 54,034 (46.87%) in 2020 Census
- Port Arthur - Black population, 21,046 (37.56%) in 2020 Census
- Orange - Black population, 6,795 (35.16%) in 2020 Census
Central Texas - Waco-College Station area.
- Bryan - Black population, 12,876 (15.33%) in 2020 Census
- Calvert - Black population, 482 (50.10%) in 2020 Census
- Navasota - Black population, 2,018 (26.40%) in 2020 Census
- Waco - Black population, 26,844 (19.38%) in 2020 Census
Corpus Christi Texas, Nueces County
- Bay Area, Corpus Christi
- Calallen, Corpus Christi
- Mustang-Padre Island, Corpus Christi
- Northwest, Corpus Christi
- South Side, Corpus Christi
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
- Cedar Hill - Black population, 25,790 (52.47%) in 2020 Census
- DeSoto - Black population, 38,971 (69.41%) in 2020 Census
- Duncanville - Black population, 12,085 (29.69%) in 2020 Census
- Grand Prairie - Black population, 46,360 (23.64%) in 2020 Census
- Irving - Black population, 31,714 (12.36%) in 2020 Census
- Lancaster - Black population, 27,078 (65.60%) in 2020 Census
- Arlington - Black population, 88,230 (22.38%) in 2020 Census
- Mansfield - Black population, 15,539 (21.40%) in 2020 Census
- Euless - Black population, 9,626 (15.77%) in 2020 Census
- Forest Hill - Black population, 5,490 (39.34%) in 2020 Census
- Bedford - Black population, 5,693 (11.40%) in 2020 Census
- Hurst - Black population, 3,996 (9.89%) in 2020 Census
East Texas has some Black majority towns. Also known as the Big Thicket, and Piney Woods region
- Ames - Black population, 700 (74.71%) in 2020 Census
- Athens - Black population, 2,059 (16.01%) in 2020 Census
- Browndell - Black population, 78 (48.75%) in 2020 Census
- Cuney - Black population, 69 (59.48%) in 2020 Census
- Domino - Black population, 59 (83.10%) in 2020 Census
- Goodlow - Black population, 133 (74.70%) in 2020 Census
- Huntsville - Black population, 11,420 (24.86%) in 2020 Census
- Jasper - Black population, 3,101 (45.45%) in 2020 Census
- Lufkin - Black population, 9,045 (26.49%) in 2020 Census
- Nacogdoches - Black population, 8,376 (26.06%) in 2020 Census
- San Augustine - Black population, 968 (50.42%) in 2020 Census
- Seven Oaks - Black population, 28 (41.20%) in 2020 Census
- Barrett - Black population, 2,324 (44.50%) in 2020 Census
- Baytown - Black population, 13,652 (16.31%) in 2020 Census
- Conroe - Black population, 8,951 (9.95%) in 2020 Census
- Freeport - Black population, 13,690 (55.91%) in 2020 Census
- Fresno - Black population, 2,426 (17.33%) in 2020 Census
- Galveston - Black population, 8,785 (16.36%) in 2020 Census
- Hempstead - Black population, 1,760 (32.41%) in 2020 Census
- Kendleton - Black population, 220 (64.10%) in 2020 Census
- Manvel - Black population, 2,661 (26.63%) in 2020 Census
- Missouri City - Black population, 30,146 (40.6%) in 2020 Census
- Prairie View - Black population, 6,712 (82.01%) in 2020 Census
- Spring, Texas - Black population, 15,492 (24.76%) in 2020 Census
- Pearland, Texas - Black population, 24,482 (19.46%) in 2020 Census
- Waller - Black population, 458 (17.08%) in 2020 Census
- Willis - Black population, 1,076 (16.73%) in 2020 Census
Killeen-Temple (Bell County)
- Killeen - Black population, 54,109 (35.34%) in 2020 Census
- Temple - Black population, 12,031 (14.66%) in 2020 Census
- Harker Heights - Black population, 7,198 (21.75%) in 2020 Census
- Copperas Cove - Black population, 6,431 (17.54%) in 2020 Census
- Fort Hood - Black population, 4,521 (16.00%) in 2020 Census
- Corsicana - Black population, 4,782 (19.04%) in 2020 Census
- Easton - Black population, 259 (51.9%) in 2020 Census
- Henderson - Black population, 3,052 (23.0%) in 2020 Census
- Jacksonville - Black population, 2,747 (19.63%) in 2020 Census
- Longview - Black population, 19,173 (23.49%) in 2020 Census
- Marshall - Black population, 8,368 (35.77%) in 2020 Census
- Mexia - Black population, 2,086 (30.26%) in 2020 Census
- Moore Station - Black population, 142 (88.75%) in 2020 Census
- Neylandville - Black population, 29 (43.28%) in 2020 Census
- Palestine - Black population, 4,439 (23.94%) in 2020 Census
- Scottsville - Black population, 138 (41.30%) in 2020 Census
- Texarkana - Black population, 13,565 (37.48%) in 2020 Census
- Toco - Black population, 56 (61.54%) in 2020 Census
- Tyler - Black population, 24,126 (22.76%) in 2020 Census
Majority of territory residents are of black/Afro-Caribbean descent.
Most of state's blacks concentrated in Hill Air Force Base near Ogden.
Historically, the diverse SugarHouse district of Salt Lake City.
Alexandria – Black population, at 31,314 (19.64%) in 2020 Census.
Arlington County – Black population, at 20,330 (8.52%) in 2020 Census.
Charles City County – Black population, at 2,836 (41.87%) in 2020 Census.
Chase City - Mecklenburg County
Clarksville - Mecklenburg County
Courtland - Southampton County
Dendron (51.2%) - Surry County
Eastern counties of Virginia along Chesapeake Bay (Middle Peninsula).
It encompasses six Virginia counties:
Emporia (56.2%) - Greensville County
Kenbridge - Lunenburg County
Lawrenceville (64.6%) - Brunswick County
Nassawadox (54.9%) - Northampton County
- Christopher Shores-Stuart Gardens
- East End
Richmond - Henrico County
Smithfield - Isle of Wight County
South Boston - Halifax County
South Hill - Mecklenburg County
Wakefield (51.3%) - Sussex County
Waverly (61.8%) - Sussex County
- Lake City
- Park Lodge (central area)
Tukwila – est.15–20%.
- Burke Heights
- Burr Oaks
- Nobel Park
- Park Ridge
- Walnut Grove
- Wexford Ridge