This is a list of notable grape dishes and foods that are prepared using grapes as a primary ingredient. Raisin dishes and foods are also included in this article.
Grape dishes and foods
A grape is a fruit, botanically a berry, of the deciduous woody vines of the flowering plant genus Vitis.
- Jallab – a type of fruit syrup popular in the Middle East made from carob, dates, grape molasses and rose water
- Pekmez – a molasses-like syrup obtained after condensing juices of fruit must, especially grape
- Moustalevria – a traditional Greek kind of pudding made of grape must mixed with flour and boiled until thick.
- Torta Bertolina – a typical autumnal dessert from the northern Italian town of Crema presented in a round shape, but it is often available cut into slices. It has a golden brown hue and the fragrance of the small American or Concord grapes, which are one of its main ingredients.
- Vincotto – a dark, sweet, thick paste made by the slow cooking of grapes
Raisin dishes and foods
A raisin is a dried grape. Raisins are produced in many regions of the world and may be eaten raw or used in cooking, baking, and brewing.